Quantcast

Suggest some good all around tires for my hard tail

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm running a Minion/HR combo on my Chromag Stylus right now and it just seems to feel kind of sluggish. I'm thinking maybe a higher volume 2.4 or something, but still want it to pedal decently. I think my main goal is to get something that rolls well while pedaling, but still bites in the corners. Suggestions?

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
I really like the Kenda Nevegal 2.35 DTC as a rear tire. It's got a decent volume, rolls well, wears long, and has really consistent traction. I prefer the Maxis Minion DHF for the front tire. It's heavier but it hooks up a little better, but the Nevegal is also a decent front tire. For minimum rolling resistance you can even run their non-tubeless without a tube on a tubeless rim or ghetto tubeless. They're really light and pretty resilient. This is what I've run on my Nomad for years.

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I've been partial to my WTB Bronsons, 2.3 TCS, and have had good results with them. I want to try their re-newed Moto for next year as well. Granted, WTB does support my riding, so I may not be the best to give an opinion, however, nothing wrong with a shameless plug for what works for me.

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I would recommend Schwalbe Hans Dampf very big volume for 2.35,very sticky and decent weight at approx 760 grams.
Run them around 25psi and they stick to everything.