Quantcast

Suggestions for Clemson's Slalom Course.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
The Clemson Freeride/Cycling team will be hosting the South East Collegiate Mountain biking conference championships. We are beginning to plan for construction of a new DS course. After riding a few different DS courses I have compiled the best of a bunch of different courses to make a rough design. I'm open to all suggestions and comments.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Do away with the dogleg turns, or put them in the course where the lanes are separate. Doglegs/90s just single file the racers. Put some 180s after the lanes split for passing opps.

Rajun Cajun

Chimp
Jul 20, 2007
I think it should have a death pit between each jump. Haha. I can't wait to race collegiate. I think UNC Charlotte is in the shouth east, or atleast it should be. There wouldn't happen to be a race calender for the collegiate races somewhere on the internet that I have seen.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Remember to calculate building jumps to appropriate speed that
You will carry into the jump and try to make it flow-
Layout doesn't look bad but how long are the straights?
You don't want it to be too BMX like, put more technical
stuff than just sprint jump and turn -
Make it pure dual slalom if possible two lanes all the way!!!
It is the most pure form of gated racing, The most technical,
the most exciting to watch and race - all the way down the course
with no blocking out crap.
And usually the best racer wins every time! Not the best gate start...

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'm hoping some of you can make it down for the build days so we can get some opinions and suggestions during construction.

I think we are gonna keep it with the merger caus then you don't have to have a run on each course.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
yeah, it is easier to score etc. that way - And a pretty fair race if it stays
seperate for a while, not just out of the gate.
Id say that 60ish% of the course will be two separate lines then the merger will be on the straight away before the double double. I'm also thinking of doing like Moto said and making the 4 rollers more, maybe 6 or 7 so you have to either manual the first then three doubles or just three doubles, or manual all them... I just want a course that has multiple ways to ride it so everyone is riding it differently and trying to figure out the fastest way.