Quantcast

Suggestions for my Snowshoe Condo

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Hey monkeys,

As many of you all know, I have a condo up a Snowshoe. It's just a studio (hotel size room). It's located in Expedition Station right in the Village. Its next to the Cheat Mtn Pizza and I have a view overlooking the Dual course and Jump park.

First of all, new for this year will be a dedicated bike storage area in the building. According to Snowshoe it will be done by summer and is for use only for Expedition Station owners/guests.

Now last year I rented it out during the summer using Snowshoe's service, and I did do a few independent rentals on the side. Well this year, I fired Snowshoe and I am renting it completely on my own.

I plan on making the condo especially for Bikers this summer. I had planned on getting a bunch of Mountain Biking Videos and putting in the room. What else would you like to see in the room to make a bikers stay more comfortable?

If anybody wants to stay in it let me know. I haven't got the rates nailed down yet, but I think it will be like $90/night and a $35 cleaning fee.

Attachments

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Lol but in all seriousness you won't have any problem renting that out, I am definitely interested in renting it for some or all of the snowshoe races.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
We would be interested in renting it, but first, do you guys have a mini fridge and a microwave in it? Thoes kinda make our stay up there a little bit cheaper, It is also easer, than a cooler, to put camelbaks full of water into chill.

I would suggest some hooks on the wall to hang armor and jerseys and what not.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I've stayed there before and would recommend a drying rack and possibly a tarp/area for mud. It was hard to find a place to put muddy and wet clothes/gear without tearing up the carpeting since the condo is no nice and new.

Jun 11, 2004
Maybe a rack somewhere wet/muddy pads and gear can hang up to dry.

There may not be enough room, but I always feel like I'm looking for places to do this.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
A tarp underneath the haning area would be nice for the muddy and wet days on the mountain, witch is what, 70% of the time? Haha.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
We would be interested in renting it, but first, do you guys have a mini fridge and a microwave in it? Thoes kinda make our stay up there a little bit cheaper, It is also easer, than a cooler, to put camelbaks full of water into chill.

I would suggest some hooks on the wall to hang armor and jerseys and what not.
Yes it has a fridge, microwave, pots pans dishes, sink, coffee maker and stove. It's got a mini kitchen.

There are a couple of hooks on the wall when you first go into the room, but I'll look at putting more. There is also a locker you can put stuff in, that's where I'll put the tools if I decide to to that.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
In my VT condo we keep a three ring binder w./ trail maps (biking and hiking), local restaurant/ bar reviews and other points of interest we enjoy. I figure if your renters are from out of town its always nice to have an inside track on whats good in the area.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
perhaps a ramp out off of the balcony for quicker exits than is afforded by the elevator.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Thanks for the suggestions and comments so far. Sorry it don't have a balcony. As a consolation, you get a great view of the fireworks they do on a lot of the weekends.