Quantcast

Suggestions on dealing with redneck children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am again at a loss, this time due to little redneck wannabe emo kids on 50cc pos dirt bikes.

We have been digging a new DJ line at a local park, put in such a place that unless you are a true asshat you wouldn't try to ride a motorcycle down into them. However, the local redneck kids do fit the asshat definition.

over the weekend the little geniuses rode the line when it was wet, and as such destruction ensued. I have had enough of this ****.

The first instinct is to take the tamper and the pick axe to them and their bikes. However, this would rapidly escalate into murder, and that would be bad. Then we debated spike strips, which I am still considering.

Anyone have any idea as to the law of detaining them until the cops show up (i.e. SK6)? I was thinking I have a cable lock I could get into their front wheel faster then Al Unser Jr can knock up a high school girl. Once in place, they aren't going to be able to cut it. I was going to then call the cops, tell them the score, and then wait for the cops and the parents to show up.

We had this problem in Reno when I lived there, and it was dealt with in much more the "law of the land" sort of way. bikes were shot, asses were kicked, people got the message. However, I get the impression that since this is a public park and since this is the east coast, that maybe going all two gun tattooo on them would be ill advised.

jimmybong

Chimp
Oct 12, 2006
east of richmond
sounds like a real kick in the d*ck....i personally like the spike strip idea...but if they are truly redneck then the best thing to scare them away is to just leave some books laying around which describe the perils of dating ur sister. they'll never be back!!

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
No on the spike strips. East coast rednecks have lawyers, and lower class citezens with lawyers stay looking for things to sue over.

Example: Dirtball kid trying to bash our neighbor's mailbox down with a baseball bat broke his forearm becuase our neigbor had the mailbox on top of an 8 foot 4x4 post sunk in 3.5 with concrete, and a rebar reinforced box in the mailbox itself. Whitetrash parents sued and won.

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
No on the spike strips. East coast rednecks have lawyers, and lower class citezens with lawyers stay looking for things to sue over.

Example: Dirtball kid trying to bash our neighbor's mailbox down with a baseball bat broke his forearm becuase our neigbor had the mailbox on top of an 8 foot 4x4 post sunk in 3.5 with concrete, and a rebar reinforced box in the mailbox itself. Whitetrash parents sued and won.
^^ thats just stupid, but I don't doubt it happend. I kin of like the idea of chaining their bikes up, but calling the cops on them is the "right" way to do it.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
i'm assuming you are allowed to build jumps in said park, but if not, then you can't do anything.

otherwise, i would just cut out the lame-ass stereotyping and talk to them like normal people. theres gotta be some kind of solution. use whatever is inside that little head of yours!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Build the jumps around trees, hang locked chains around them. Common practice around here.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
+1 on chaining them up....but make sure that you either buy the powdercoated safety orange chains, or spray them safety orange...that way you are not liable if they take their heads off riding into them.

DC40

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
another option is to use roofing nails, when I was younger living down in FL, we used to ride in field that had track. They started building houses near the field. The bright redneck kids used to go ride right behind the houses. One of the home owners got tried and spread roofing nails all over the track and trials behind the houses. That stop people from riding there.

You just need to be aware where you put the roof nails, so you can ride around that spot.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i'm assuming you are allowed to build jumps in said park, but if not, then you can't do anything.

otherwise, i would just cut out the lame-ass stereotyping and talk to them like normal people. theres gotta be some kind of solution. use whatever is inside that little head of yours!

yes we are allowed to be building there. the kid on the fifty is not allowed to be there though. nice big ol sign that says no motorized vehicles allowed in the park at any time.

and we have tried talk to them many times. very civily. the little 14 year old kid was the one who first to bring violance in to it, he threatened to go get his older brother to kick all our asses. so we've tried being civil and nice about this they kid wont listen to reason or kindness so its time for a new approach.

we have called the cops on him several times as well. usually he takes off after we tell him the cops have been called. he actually acts like he doesnt care usually, but he always disappears after we tell him. the cops in chesapeake are damn slow though. we actually havent ever seen them in person, few bmx kids said they saw them one time but that was like 45 minutes after we'd last seen the kid on the 50. hense ians plan for chaining his front wheel till the cops actually show.

ian can adress yoru little head comment...

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails

dude this kid at my school had his mailbox smashed like every week so they filled the pipe with cement but also filled the box with concrete, both of the guys arms were broken (he was riding in a car) and the mailbox hasnt been smashed since, but no sueing

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
yes we are allowed to be building there. the kid on the fifty is not allowed to be there though. nice big ol sign that says no motorized vehicles allowed in the park at any time.

and we have tried talk to them many times. very civily. the little 14 year old kid was the one who first to bring violance in to it, he threatened to go get his older brother to kick all our asses. so we've tried being civil and nice about this they kid wont listen to reason or kindness so its time for a new approach.

we have called the cops on him several times as well. usually he takes off after we tell him the cops have been called. he actually acts like he doesnt care usually, but he always disappears after we tell him. the cops in chesapeake are damn slow though. we actually havent ever seen them in person, few bmx kids said they saw them one time but that was like 45 minutes after we'd last seen the kid on the 50. hense ians plan for chaining his front wheel till the cops actually show.

ian can adress yoru little head comment...

i hear ya.

filed any kind of formal complaint with the cops?

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i hear ya.

filed any kind of formal complaint with the cops?
aside from calling the cops and doin the normal over the phone BS, no. dont think the cops would really follow up with anything really either, otherwise they probably would of. we've called them and reported the same kid....4 times. give the same description and what not and they've done nothing, they dont even get out there any faster. unfortunately i dont think even if we some how keep him there until the cops show up, they will even really do anything. a few mangled dirt jumps arent a big deal to any cops. more then likely i see the kid just getting a slap on the wrist and a dont do it again. idealy they'd impound his bike. but i dont really see that happening.

we'll see what happens. ultimately we're just gunna need to run in to this little sh!t and not let him just ride off like he usually does. then we'll see from there.

chains arent a terrible idea either though, most of our stuff is built weaving through trees, then spliting around them and stuff. nothing very big though. my concern with chains (and taking that kids bike too) is pissing people off further. if you pay attention to DCStreet.com at all i voiced my concern about this over there, while people were discussing people riding the lines while they were wet and what not. my concern is someone, like the fifty kid, will get pissed off that they cant ride and decide that if they cant ride, no one can. then just have at the jumps with their feet and whatever means of destruction they can find. this is especially frightening in our case cause we know for a fact that this kid lives in a near by neighborhood. so he could easily come back a day we werent there and destroy everything and have it in no way traceable (word?) back to him.

its amazing how fast i can get out this many words on here. i'm workin on a paper right now for school and i'm straight strugglin to come up with words...too bad all my papers arent on bikes. alot are haha but not all.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
After consulting with my partner in crime tonight on the way to the tattoo place, the idea is now that we're going to video tape the little misguided abortion riding with his buddy, get photographic evidence of what he's done (as since we have a letter allowing us to build, it becomes instant vandalism, which carries a higher value) and get video testimony from folk they have caused issues with. Then I am going to drive my goofy ass over to the Commonwealth Attorney for Chesafreak and show him the evidence along with a few citations of the law.

With that, I can have a warrant sworn out for his arrest, the impound of the bike, and tresspass warrant issued against him, his friends, and his family, for up to one year. If we come back and find that the jumps have been destroyed, altered, or molested in any fashion, then we have the cops go take mommy and daddy into custody for failure to enforce.

What bothers me is that up until this little fiasco I was going to put into the master plan an area for these little crotch stains to ride in, complete with a seperate access for them to get in and out of the park, so long as they stay off the trails. However, now I am of the mindset that this is all out war, and that at the end of the day you cannot share trails with kids like these. They haven't the slightest respect for those would put in work, they just want to be prototypical white trash redneck spawn who are second only in my list for prospective genocide targets after the residents of New Orleans.

After this is done, I am going to get with the city to add some teeth to the enforcement clauses of the law here. If I threaten to bring action against the city on this matter for lack of enforcement, then I can damn near promise they will hop skippy to make sure that the parents will be liable for any and all damages.

And then if I am still not feeling vindicated I am going to bring an action against their parents. If these little escapees from the abortionist push this, I will own them, their parents and the rest of the natural birth lineage of their family.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Nothing says "never come back" like a sack filled with sweet valencia oranges.
+2!
I was thinking a sock filled with buckshot or a bag filled with stale candy corn (keeping in theme with the season) might acheive the same goals.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
dude this kid at my school had his mailbox smashed like every week so they filled the pipe with cement but also filled the box with concrete, both of the guys arms were broken (he was riding in a car) and the mailbox hasnt been smashed since, but no sueing
That is pure bliss to read. :cheers:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar

Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest....

Seriously...

I think the idea locking up the kids bikes and calling the cops is a good one. If they are really just kids, I don't see any problem detaining them. Give them two options. Either the police come or their parents come and get them. Act like an adult and put the fear of god into him. You know - "Scared straight" style. Act respectible and get respect.

Video taping is also a good idea if you can't wrestle the bikes from them.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i'm not sure we could pull it off quite to the extent of scared straight. but to a 14 year old a few grown men with axes and shovels probably conveys a decent message.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
After consulting with my partner in crime tonight on the way to the tattoo place, the idea is now that we're going to video tape the little misguided abortion riding with his buddy, get photographic evidence of what he's done (as since we have a letter allowing us to build, it becomes instant vandalism, which carries a higher value) and get video testimony from folk they have caused issues with. Then I am going to drive my goofy ass over to the Commonwealth Attorney for Chesafreak and show him the evidence along with a few citations of the law.

With that, I can have a warrant sworn out for his arrest, the impound of the bike, and tresspass warrant issued against him, his friends, and his family, for up to one year. If we come back and find that the jumps have been destroyed, altered, or molested in any fashion, then we have the cops go take mommy and daddy into custody for failure to enforce.

What bothers me is that up until this little fiasco I was going to put into the master plan an area for these little crotch stains to ride in, complete with a seperate access for them to get in and out of the park, so long as they stay off the trails. However, now I am of the mindset that this is all out war, and that at the end of the day you cannot share trails with kids like these. They haven't the slightest respect for those would put in work, they just want to be prototypical white trash redneck spawn who are second only in my list for prospective genocide targets after the residents of New Orleans.

After this is done, I am going to get with the city to add some teeth to the enforcement clauses of the law here. If I threaten to bring action against the city on this matter for lack of enforcement, then I can damn near promise they will hop skippy to make sure that the parents will be liable for any and all damages.

And then if I am still not feeling vindicated I am going to bring an action against their parents. If these little escapees from the abortionist push this, I will own them, their parents and the rest of the natural birth lineage of their family.
Your Welcome. :)

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Thank you snookie.

I still think my not so law student version of "kill em all and let god figure it out" is more to the point...

If I was a black man I know I am supposed to act like this

But if the truth be told, right now on this particular issue, I feel more like this guy

Yea, I'm gonna eat your ****in' children...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
and bites off ears, wants to eat children, and is broke as a joke.

and yes, I would batter these kids mothers, in case you were wondering.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006

possibly a little much you know its just some bike jumps (unless they are destroying jumps that you have invested money on ie. wood. but if its dirt jumps i think prosecuting and 'owning' the parents is a little much

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
its not so much about the jumps, its a lesson. its agasint the law. the kid is legaly not allowed to be in there with his motor cycle. if you let a little cocky 14 year old kid do whatever he wants now, totaly bash all authority, and adults that kindly ask him to change his ways, he blows off and acts like a little dick too, imagine what he'll do when he him self is out on his own as an adult. when instead of not riding in park hes not allowed to, hes driving drunk or hitting his children (not just a redneck bash.) or we can teach him to respect some authority now.

edit:and its just fvckin annoying to get yoru sh!t wrecked. you spend several weeks of discomfort and manual labor and have it ruined.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
just beat him sense less, then if his brother comes beat him sense less too. Then just calim self defence. Who will the court belive, some rednecks or a law abiding [at least most of the time] citizen.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
edit: this is a response to birdmans remarks

having ridden there since 94 i know exactly what tat and company are speaking about and dealing with. they DO need to learn a lesson, and as spectacularly satisfying as it would be to give these necks a beat down they deserve, that can only lead in one very bad direction, thus the necessity of making a VERY strong point legally. if that ultimately means the 'rents need calibrated too, then so be it.
take a moment to ponder what zero said. if the child learns now to run amuck as he chooses where can it lead? further, if he is acting like this, ask yourself why? do you think it might be because his parents don't discipline him at home? i am libertarian by nature, and despise external/governmental influences, however, at times such as this, it just might be necessary.
also, answer the question, HAVE you ever toiled to move dirt, build stunts, only to have some little gromtool destroy them. if so, then perhaps you can comment on it, otherwise you should refrain from comment.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
I Aprove! I have toiled to move dirt, build stunts, only to have some dumbass destroy them, and i know what it fels like to have it destroyed. We made sure that they wouldent do it agian.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
obviously nobody has ever ruined your dirtjumps.
wrong, our jumps at o-hill have been chainsawed, stolen, walked upon by uber amounts of people(when a gravel trail is but ten yards away) smashed, moved and nocked over (that was by the stupid university crosscountry (biking) club/ univerity police. those guys have nothing better to do than harrass the teens on bikes. i have built jumps at several places all of wich have been overrun by walkers or destroyed. i know what it is like to get my jumps ****ed with.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
wrong, our jumps at o-hill have been chainsawed, stolen, walked upon by uber amounts of people(when a gravel trail is but ten yards away) smashed, moved and nocked over (that was by the stupid university crosscountry (biking) club/ univerity police. those guys have nothing better to do than harrass the teens on bikes. i have built jumps at several places all of wich have been overrun by walkers or destroyed. i know what it is like to get my jumps ****ed with.

Do you have written permission to build there ? It stops being a pride issue and becomes a legal issue when there are official looking documents in the mix.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
Do you have written permission to build there ? It stops being a pride issue and becomes a legal issue when there are official looking documents in the mix.
of course no. but the question isnt whether he should just take legal action but whether he should go as far as 'owning' the parents. yes it is wrong that they have been f'ing with your jumps but i dont think that it is a big enough deal, where you should be filing large lawsuits against somone that hasnt done any real damage. btw your dirt jumps are not considdered a structure (our dirt jumps were not destroyed, only our wooden ones because to build a "structure" you need a permit) since your jumps are of dirt and are not a structure then there is no real case of vandalism (assuming that they have not destroyed any jumps of wood or equiptment, etc.) the only case that can be made is maybe tresspassing, but if they are allowed to ride in the park then that case cannot be made either (unless you have some sort of zoning permit where noone is allowed to enter your jumps area unless they are biking or building etc. ) but i doubt you have that. so in my humble oppinion you have no real case prosecuting the kids for destroying only dirt jumps.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
of course no. but the question isnt whether he should just take legal action but whether he should go as far as 'owning' the parents. yes it is wrong that they have been f'ing with your jumps but i dont think that it is a big enough deal, where you should be filing large lawsuits against somone that hasnt done any real damage. btw your dirt jumps are not considdered a structure (our dirt jumps were not destroyed, only our wooden ones because to build a "structure" you need a permit) since your jumps are of dirt and are not a structure then there is no real case of vandalism (assuming that they have not destroyed any jumps of wood or equiptment, etc.) the only case that can be made is maybe tresspassing, but if they are allowed to ride in the park then that case cannot be made either (unless you have some sort of zoning permit where noone is allowed to enter your jumps area unless they are biking or building etc. ) but i doubt you have that. so in my humble oppinion you have no real case prosecuting the kids for destroying only dirt jumps.

fokey you have absoulutly no idea what your are talking about. You can most deffenitly vandalize sanctioned dirt jumps. The jumps at O hill were destroyed becuase it would involve to much work. Also they are majorly awful and they didnt think people could get hurt one them.

I do agree that sueing would be a little rediculous. I think that physically making the jumpst impossible to ride on a 50cc IE chain would be the best way to stop the redneck. If then he destroyed you jumps it would be grounds for leagal action.

Also fokey dirt jumps require much more work and yeild a better product you can add on easier and reshape. You may prefer stupid flat jumps that maybe send you three feet in the air. Sorry it just really bother me when people pretened like they know about things and turn out to be completley wrong. Ohh and one more thing you have put in prolly less than an hour of work up at o-hill it was more like Woody's and Corby's stunts and kip frenchs old stunts and dirt jumps. Me and matt could prolly lay claim to two or three of the features.... you on the other hand. maybe the tiny wooden kicker which was actually brians and your worthless"roller coaster" :banghead: :banghead:

Your still my boy fokey just easy on the worthless vindictive comments......

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'll just do this in chunks to save my time...

of course no. but the question isnt whether he should just take legal action but whether he should go as far as 'owning' the parents. yes it is wrong that they have been f'ing with your jumps but i dont think that it is a big enough deal, where you should be filing large lawsuits against somone that hasnt done any real damage.
Let me ask you something; if you break a man's arm, will it in time not heal? If you burn his house to the ground using the gas from the tank of his child's motorcycle, can he not rebuild? However, if you bankrupt a person, have them going back and forth every week to respond to injunctions, demands, requests, submissions and so forth, will you not break his spirit? When his semi-retarded offspring can't afford to go to CDL school because you own that family, is your point not proven?

Now while this might seem like the proverbial "Using a cannon to swat a mosquito," does it not make sense that since these parents cannot be bothered to maintain some sort of order over their kids that hitting them with a suit, injunction, and slapping the abortion that could have been with not being able to drive until he's eighteen to twenty-one, might make them think before allowing that child to ride one more square nanometer into that park?

Furthermore, it is not only the jumps here that are the issue. When these miscreants are buzzing little kids on BMX bikes, almost running down your fellow bikers, and causing destruction to the work of several people who care about the future of this park, wouldn't you think it was time to take action? Some might condone a course of action tantamount to sitting with one's thumb inserted deep into one's own colon, but I do not. If I have to break out the bazooka to swat a gnat, then give me my ammo sir, I am going to war.

btw your dirt jumps are not considdered a structure (our dirt jumps were not destroyed, only our wooden ones because to build a "structure" you need a permit) since your jumps are of dirt and are not a structure then there is no real case of vandalism (assuming that they have not destroyed any jumps of wood or equiptment, etc.)
Wrong.

These jumps are real and affixed to the real property of the park, and as they are the product of actual labor, with an authorization and letter of intent signed off on by the city, they become as such real property. Now then, if one was to deface a wall, or cut down a tree, both of which are affixed chattle to the property, this would be construed as vandalism. As the law does not distinguish in type and kind when it comes to this sort of item, it is then by virtue of the letter of the law an act of vandalism.

the only case that can be made is maybe tresspassing, but if they are allowed to ride in the park then that case cannot be made either (unless you have some sort of zoning permit where noone is allowed to enter your jumps area unless they are biking or building etc. )
As there is a city ordinance in place specifically against the riding of any motorized vehicle in this park, again you would be out of line when it comes to the facts at hand. As they are in clear and present violation of the letter of the statue, then according to the law of the Commonwealth all that has to be show is incontrovertable evidence to the violation to the City or Commonwealth Attorney. After that, according to law, a warrant must be issued. This violation is further compunded due to the flagrant and wanton violation of the law coupled with the total disregard for the safety of any other park users.

but i doubt you have that. so in my humble oppinion you have no real case prosecuting the kids for destroying only dirt jumps.
And your opinion would be off base in this instance. As the law is on my side, and I know the system both with time in the books and the help of my hetro-life mate (not so silent SK6) all I have to do is present the evidence. Once it is on the table I have been assured by those that run Chesapeake that actions will be carried out up to and beyond what I want in this matter.

As the city is trying desperately to clean that park up, and to make it a place that people want to bring their kids, dogs, bikes, water ballons and picknicks, its simple that these sort of kids are not going to be tolerated. They treat this place as an arena to do drugs, nail their girlfriends and cause chaos with the other patrons of the park. Simple as the sun comes up in the morning and sets in the evening (barring atomic war) the city has given its assurances that the fun stops now for these kids.

To quote Cecil the Entertainer, in this instance I hope they pull some crap. I have given up on wishing that nothing will happen, I hope they decide they are beyond the law so I can be there when they are drug from their homes by the cops to spend some time getting group molested by the guards at Juvenile Detention. Hell, I might throw in a case of smokes and a few copies of Barely Legal for the group of older inmates who "makes men out of them" in the shower.

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Well, these are adolescents after all and as a rule, teens tend to be a bit difficult i.e. behaving like plonkers most of the time. I know I did. With that in mind. Instead of going head to head with them, has anyone tried involving these kids in building jumps? Maybe sell them the idea of how cool it would be to play on jumps that they build themselves. Or challenge them to build one e.g. say that they were probably too girly to be able to do it - or equivalent. :brow: that sound too much like screwing with their head?

Tattooo wrote:
What bothers me is that up until this little fiasco I was going to put into the master plan an area for these little crotch stains to ride in, complete with a seperate access for them to get in and out of the park, so long as they stay off the trails.
of course some people can't be turned and if these kids are that kind then forget my comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.