Quantcast

Suggestions on forks

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I have a Azonic Stealhead and looking into getting a new fork for the bike. Any suggestions on the fork I should use for dirt jumping/sst flow park riding? Right now I have an old Z.3, so anything at this point will be a step up.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Just picked up a Pike 454 Air U-turn and it is amazing. Best single crown I've ridden, the price is reasonable, and the adjustments work great. If you are not a weight weenie get the Pike 426 coil u-turn.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Tootrikky said:
Just picked up a Pike 454 Air U-turn and it is amazing. Best single crown I've ridden, the price is reasonable, and the adjustments work great. If you are not a weight weenie get the Pike 426 coil u-turn.
Wow, that's some pretty high praise. How far Rock Shox has come in a few years, a year ago i was pretty sold on the 36 now i'm not so sure.

Hoping i have the dough for a 6 and 6 AM bikey this summer......

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I went to supergo and they have the Marzocchi 66 for $300. Is this fork to much for a dirt jumper?

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
the steelhead is set up for anything up to 7 inches of travel, yet the geometry lets it run anything down to 3. so your range is pretty big. I ran a Jr T when i first got my steelhead, then i ran a manitou firefly 90-130mm travel fork. i loved running the firefly in 90mm(3 1/2 inches) for dirt jumping. I would suggest anything around 3-4 inches for dirt jumping. The 66 maybe be too much of a fork for dirt jumping. but, it is a good deal. i would look around for something smaller though, cuz you dont want too much squish for DJ.

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
Zoke, all the way. If you want a fork you can beat the s*%t out of and never work on, than a Marzzochi is the fork. The new Z1's are sweet! Adjustable travel 4-6" (don't quote me) weighs in at 5.1 lbs. there are 20mm axle.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i think anything more than 4 inches of suspension on a dj bike is too choppy. I ride a fox and have beat the living sh!t out of it. If that 66 has 5 or more inches of travel i'd maybe think about something else, or at least look into a lowering kit