Quantcast

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
273
6
Gonic, NH
Might want to look at the rates in a few months or set some low fare reminders on Orbitz or Travelocity. Cheapest thing I could find was Portland to Hartford on Southwest for a 6 day Tuesday 13-Monday 19 stay. I think it was $390...Rediculous
 

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
4,222
196
Winning.
$494 Redmond to Boston Wed-Wed


Edit: Just talked to a friend who does a lot of flying.

Watch prices over the next 6-10 weeks, it may come down under $400 but don't expect it to go much below $350. The Redmond/Portland leg is the real killer for this fare unfortunately.
 
Last edited:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
545
0
Millis, MA
$494 Redmond to Boston Wed-Wed


Edit: Just talked to a friend who does a lot of flying.

Watch prices over the next 6-10 weeks, it may come down under $400 but don't expect it to go much below $350. The Redmond/Portland leg is the real killer for this fare unfortunately.
Yeah, I'm thinking it's too early for good flight deals. Usually 1-2 months before the flight is the cheapest.

Did find a flight from portland to burlington for $400 on JetBlue.

Definitely agree with the Wednesday flights, that's the way to get inexpensive airfare. Tourists fly on weekends, business folks travel on Mon/Tues and Thurs/Fri Wednesday is the best rates and the terminals are waaay less busy.
 

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
229
2
Massachusetts
Make your requests...nobody has spoken up yet.
Well, if you insist....
Sq-Earl loves IPA (and double IPAs) and I am a big fan of porters, dopplebocks and stouts.
I think TreeSaw took care of the requests for me. A woman after my heart!!!!

...and, BTW, BDNA - I don't think I've had one of your brews that I haven't liked yet!:thumb:

I think we are going to be in for this one. I'm so excited!!!! I don't think I was able to get on my bike more than a couple dozen times last summer. There will be MUCH more riding this year!!!!!

BRING ON KITCHEL!!!
 

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
4,222
196
Winning.
I think TreeSaw took care of the requests for me. A woman after my heart!!!!

...and, BTW, BDNA - I don't think I've had one of your brews that I haven't liked yet!:thumb:

I think we are going to be in for this one. I'm so excited!!!! I don't think I was able to get on my bike more than a couple dozen times last summer. There will be MUCH more riding this year!!!!!

BRING ON KITCHEL!!!
:thumb: Awesome Beth, can't wait to ride with you guys again! :cheers:
 

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
229
2
Massachusetts
Are these dates set in stone yet? Is the lodge booked?

Just wondering, as I work in a team environment & need to request the days off ASAP to ensure no one takes them first.
 

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
4,222
196
Winning.
Book the days now Beth. If it comes down to the wire or we don't get the house I plan on going up that weekend and camping anyway.
 

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
290
1
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
LOL! I have an e-mail into the Lodge guy. I am actually considering requesting it for Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night...any interest in extending the festivities to include an extra day (Thursday or Sunday)?
Interresting proposition...

What's the dates we're looking for finally? can't remember....
 

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
4,222
196
Winning.
You might get a more acceptable fare using Priceline's name your own price. If you can make the commitment it could be worth a shot at throwing them a $300 request. Worst thing that happens is they don't find an airline willing to sell at that price. On the other hand you could be partying and riding with a bunch of us in July.
 

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
229
2
Massachusetts
Book the days now Beth. If it comes down to the wire or we don't get the house I plan on going up that weekend and camping anyway.
Done - I have requested those days off. I don't think there will be any issues getting that weekend. I requested Thursday through Monday.

Wife and I would be a definite "maybe" on a Thursday arrival. It'd be nice to wake up in East Burke Friday morning and have the whole day.
I am a definate maybe for the Thursday night also... if my other half can't make it till Friday maybe I could bum a ride up with someone else so I can add the day.

I'm going to go ahead and say I can't go. I can't justify that much $
Heidi... If you can't find anything cheap now, I say wait & see. As I'm sure you know, airline prices can change on a daily basis. Maybe luck will intervene & you'll find a sweet deal in a few weeks. :D
 

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
4,222
196
Winning.
I probably won't be doing the Thursday night thing but if I know people will be there I'll get moving as early as possible on Friday. I've already got the day off.
 

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
21,879
760
NC
I will be attempting to make it, work cooperating.

Maybe I missed it; is lodging a group thing or should I look for a place to stay nearby?