Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Count me in for this. I will also bring a friend - Matt.
Welcome to RM and welcome to monkeyfest! So tell us about yourself, D.2. Where are you from, how'd you find this place, what kind of beer do you like (if any, though it's sort of a requirement).

Is you're friend R.2?

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
We have met before Phil. My name is Dana but many around here call me D2 because I often ride with Dana Lee and it's less confusing that way. And I love to drink beer, as long as it's something interesting and/or good. I have been known to consumer watery American crap beer but only in cases of extreme emergency. My friend Matt does not drink but I expect he will fit right in regardless.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Oh, Hey Dana! Eammon here. Welcome aboard. Any interest in joining some of us for a trip to Bromont on Friday?

It's okay guys, he's cool.

Anyone else in for Bromont? Come on, it's fun, all the cool kids are doing it.

Last edited:

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Gonna pass on Bromont but I might be interested in joining the road ride that some have been contemplating on one of the days. Should I bring my bike and stretchy road weenie gear with me?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I may be looking at a late Thursday post-dinner arrival now. Worst case scenario will be an early Friday arrival, but I really want to get there Thursday and wake up in Burke Friday morning.

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
We are planning for a late friday afternoon arrival so we can ride friday night, last times, we came in to late to go with the gang and we decided to be part of it this time, hope you guys keep some legs for the drunken friday night ride....

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
We are definately going up on Thursday... and we are planning on stopping by Millstone for the first time on the way home (we took off through the following Wednesday). We'll have to get some tips from those of you who have already been there.

I can't wait!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
We are definately going up on Thursday... and we are planning on stopping by Millstone for the first time on the way home (we took off through the following Wednesday). We'll have to get some tips from those of you who have already been there.

I can't wait!
Millstone has a map & well marked trails PLUS 3 recommended loops, just follow the colored arrows

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
I believe we can squeeze 1-2 more into the lodge. We're looking at about 24 now :thumb:
I thought I remembered something about no tents allowed at the lodge. Is that true? If not, I would be more than happy to bring my tent and sleep in the field. That way we'll have another bed and I won't keep anyone awake with my snoring.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
You guys should ckeck out this video that Dave Tozer put together of our trip up to KT last October. The end is so beautiful it might make you cry. If you watch closely you might spot Bad DNA as he crosses us on the trail.
Kingdom Trails on Vimeo
I tried to convince Dave to fly out from Indiana to join us at Monkeyfest but no luck. Maybe next time.

skiierx

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
You guys should ckeck out this video that Dave Tozer put together of our trip up to KT last October. The end is so beautiful it might make you cry. If you watch closely you might spot Bad DNA as he crosses us on the trail.
Kingdom Trails on Vimeo
I tried to convince Dave to fly out from Indiana to join us at Monkeyfest but no luck. Maybe next time.
Brings back some great memories of that trip last year! 1.5 weeks till I have my first trip up there this season...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I thought I remembered something about no tents allowed at the lodge. Is that true? If not, I would be more than happy to bring my tent and sleep in the field. That way we'll have another bed and I won't keep anyone awake with my snoring.
Yeah, no tents allowed :( though you could set one up in the scary basement area I suppose.