Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Blair Witch Basement! :eek:

I found an old open can of Heineken down there at the last monkeyfest. It was like half full. No telling how long that was sitting around. I was tempted to drink it. :monkey:

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Is that the store with the benches in front of it? Located right across the street from the gas station? If that's the place you are looking for then the answer is "no"... at least, there was nothing there this past Sunday.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'll be a +1 for the weekend. Got a new recruit coming along for some abuse.

Bromont is up in the air right now. I had to send my passport card in so that I could get a full passport for work. If I don't have them back in time I'm not going to be able to go to Bromont.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
For those of you that have been up there recently, is there anything occupying the spot where Bailey and Burke's used to be?
Sad to see that place go, it will be hard to replicate the country store feel it had, what with all the kitchen equipment gone (it was auctioned off). hopefully the new owners hit the mark.
FWIW, I've had good luck grabbing lunch 3 doors up at Willy's Restaurant. He has take out sandwiches etc, including a wood fired brick oven for pizza. Good food. If you go, check around back, they were supposed to be finishing a patio this summer with seating for lunch crowd.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Only 3 more weeks!!! I'll be looking for votes on menu soon too. I am tossing around a few ideas and will likely post up a poll and take the top 2 dinner choices (1 Friday & 1 Saturday).

Edit - I am targeting $65 as the goal for the weekend, which will include lodging, meals (breakfasts and dinners, snacks, likely some sandwiches and leftovers for lunch and of course a special RM dessert). I'll know more once the menu is finalized.

Last edited:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Only 3 more weeks!!! I'll be looking for votes on menu soon too. I am tossing around a few ideas and will likely post up a poll and take the top 2 dinner choices (1 Friday & 1 Saturday).

Edit - I am targeting $65 as the goal for the weekend, which will include lodging, meals (breakfasts and dinners, snacks, likely some sandwiches and leftovers for lunch and of course a special RM dessert). I'll know more once the menu is finalized.
How much extra for a Thursday arrival?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I may be looking at a late Thursday post-dinner arrival now. Worst case scenario will be an early Friday arrival, but I really want to get there Thursday and wake up in Burke Friday morning.
Well at the very least now, I'll be there Thursday, with MBC arriving Friday. I know you'd all rather have MBChickie there early instead of me, but do you really think I can be left alone at our house responsible for a kitchen install? :confused: Think, people.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Well at the very least now, I'll be there Thursday, with MBC arriving Friday. I know you'd all rather have MBChickie there early instead of me, but do you really think I can be left alone at our house responsible for a kitchen install? :confused: Think, people.
I'm kind of surprised you know which room the kitchen is. I wouldn't leave you home alone in charge of anything.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yes I got your messages , and that is the following weekend , and I should be around at least one of those days
Ha, sorry, wasn't trying to suggest anything by quoting that particular post. Just hit up the first one of yours I found.

:cheers:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I'm not exactly looking forward to the drive up to KT alone again... It's a long 6+ hours. Is anyone leaving Friday morning and coming back Sunday who lives somewhere between Ithaca, NY and the Albany area, maybe even a little further east, who I could catch a ride with, or pick up and take with me??

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Okay- menu is shaping up!!!

Dinner 1
Homemade Mac-n-Cheese
Fresh Bread
Garden Salad

Dinner 2
Deep-fried turkey(s)
Salt Potatos
Grilled corn on the cob

Breakfast 1
Blueberry Pancakes
Bacon
OJ
Coffee

Breakfast 2
Breakfast Sandwiches (bacon, sausage, egg, cheese on muffin)
OJ
Coffee

I will also bring breakfast for Friday (for those of us arriving Thursday) and am thinking family style scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and toast or perhaps fruit & a buckle

Lunch Items
Sliced Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, Cheese
Rolls or Bread
Chips
Lemonade Mix

I've also got a bunch of Clif & LUNA Goodies to snack on and for our rides.
Dessert - I'll probably make some cookies and of course some delicious RM inspired cake.

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Sounds Yummy Tree saw , but won't we need 3 breakfasts ? or is Friday Morning going to every man for himself ?
:think: Heres what she said, you seem to have missed it....;)

I will also bring breakfast for Friday (for those of us arriving Thursday) and am thinking family style scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and toast or perhaps fruit & a buckle
Sound good for us!! As always....:thumb:

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Who about I make us some real steak and cheese or chicken cheese steaks subs on the griddle? :D
Then lets plan on it. I'll take care of cooking dinner for who ever shows up on Thursday night. I should be there by 3pm and take care of everyone who shows up even if its late. :thumb:

Don't forget I'll take care of bringing dinner for Thursday night for anyone who arrives by lets say 10pm.

Made to order....

Steak and cheese subs, Chicken cheese steak subs, Cheese burger subs w/ your choice of onions, peppers, and mushrooms .

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Don't forget I'll take care of bringing dinner for Thursday night for anyone who arrives by lets say 10pm.

Made to order....

Steak and cheese subs, Chicken cheese steak subs, Cheese burger subs w/ your choice of onions, peppers, and mushrooms .
:thumb:

I could make a pasta salad or something for Thursday night...