Quantcast

summer days edit

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
good riding. the shakey camera and chill music reminded me of the intro to "The Wonder Years" tv show.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
nah not usually. it was 103º yesterday. peeps didn't really show. like 3 more people besides my friend and i were there from 8-10 but thats it

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
That music is veryyyyy..... well interesting. Almost made me want to slit my wrists a bit - but hey, we all have our own opinions ;)

Nice riding, tho. Can't deny that.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
That music is veryyyyy..... well interesting. Almost made me want to slit my wrists a bit - but hey, we all have our own opinions ;)

Nice riding, tho. Can't deny that.
what the f? you couldn't be further off. silversun pickups are the least emo band i've heard in a long time. it's chilled out indie.

rap is being way overused in edits lately all over the place, i like more obscure stuff

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
The first 30 seconds of the first video you posted are really on point. Totally getting the its too hot outside to move vibe.

Keep on trucking, your doing a great job of making some average (I don't mean to offend the riders at all) riding really interesting to watch.

Don't zoom and maybe practice filming a line as the rider is getting comfortable that way when they nail it you don't chop there head off.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Are you zoomed in? Is that why it seems so shaky? Maybe get up a little closer and zoom out? Lay off the red bull and monster drinks? :D

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I'm not sure if you're doing this, but it helps a lot to steady the cam if you sorta' shoot from the hip.

When I shoot, I'll usually keep my arms in a fixed position and rotate from the hips. Also, concentrate on being slow and consistent. It's really easy to over guess speed.

But to be fair, I've never shot riding before.

Also, the spring edit is super awesome. I love those trails and the park looks mint. Nice riding, too!

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
The music is way cool.
In vey beginning of the first clip, it looks like you shot it 4x3 but then it's letterboxed as if it was shot anamporphic. So it looks smooshed.

And yeah, your riding seems to get better and better as well. Nice.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
Just now was able to watch this. Lookin' good, J. Every time I see a vid, it looks like you're getting better and better.
thanks man.

as an answer to everyone, i have really really shaky hands, it's actually pretty bad. doesn't help my cam is really small and kinda crappy either. i'm still learning stuff like rule of thirds etc. slowly improving on my filming skills.

here's a lil edit i made of my friend a couple days ago. my zoom is really choppy on my cam, no bueno.

http://www.vimeo.com/1155535