Quantcast

Summer Holiday

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Some friends and I took a weeks trip to Queenstown NZ and rode our push bikes every day!

I needed 4 days to recover the energy to go back to work!

Here are a few of my favourite photos that Sam (whoops on RM) took while he took a day off riding after bruising his leg up pretty bad.

All of the photos are of the Coronet Peak DH course.

FYI - Me on the Sunday, Rob "Just Married" Harwood on the SX and Chris "Fashionista" Taylor on the Uzzi. Enjoy.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
We had a lake front apartment that was trashed for the duration of the trip.

If you northern monkeys want a great winter holiday, be sure to come down to NZ over Jan and Feb.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Looks nice and beautiful place too. Where is the forest? One track or more options? Smooth or rocks too?
Up on Coronet is quite exposed. There are no trees, just grass, moss and the like. There are only two tracks up there at the moment, a DH and an XC which is what the Brake Burner Super D was raced on. Both fun.

Trails are a mix depending on where you ride. There is hardpack, rocks, roots and softer loamy stuff. Coronet is pretty fine dirt and gets chopped up after a day but they have a regular maintenance thing going to keep things in check.

Queenstown itself has forest and a network of trails but they are accessed the hard way. Steep, fast singletrack in the trees, with rocks, hard pack and roots.

Dirt Park up towards Wanaka has obtained consent to build a gondala from the valley floor to the top of the Crown Range, which, if it goes ahead will transform into a massive mtb and snow park. Dirt up here is more like Coronet.

We also went helibiking over the Remarkables which finished opposite the vineyard where Jose Gonzalez just happen to be playing that afternoon. Much Pinot was consumed and we ended hitching back to Qtown.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Thats some great stuff!
Love the shot of the guy on the uzzi in the corner. "in" the travel, awesome!