Quantcast

summer in virgina

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
Hey all,

I'm currently in Washington (state) but this summer I have an internship in Virgina, not sure exactly where yet but most likely in the D.C. area. I love DH and really enjoy the racing atmosphere, so my question is whats going on, on weekends and what not, in the area this summer. Looking forward to meeting new monkies and riding new trails.

Thanks,
Rob

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
WSU DH'er said:
cool... good to here there are groups around that get out on the bikes.
When I moved from Seattle to the DC metro area four years ago I didn't know what to expect as far as the bike scene. I've been very pleased. Despite the need to expend more effort to find decent vert, the bike scene overall here is great! We're looking forward to riding with you here this summer. :cool:

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
Thanks for all the responses looking forward to meeting everyone... I've done some looking into riding over there and am interested in checking out some different areas. Has anyone ridden the virgina course featured in the first earthed video, the rock garden looks sweet.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
It's not bad at all out here. Could be better but the race scene is good if ur willing to travel. Snowshoe will be doing a 4 race series and it is 4 hrs from DC. Mtn creek is 4 hrs and will have the US open and the domination series. Mid atlantic cup series will be going on too which is all around the area.

Bring a hardtail so you can ride 495 djs too.