Quantcast

^^^Summer Solstice GMT^^^

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

In a case of the left hand not communicating with the right hand, I was told to rehire my crew yesterday. Still waiting for something to do at work. Maybe when it starts raining later in the week.

Be safe out there.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin'.
The Schlitz Crit is today & the route goes by the house but it will be thunder storming all day with hail & ****. Going house shopping tonight after work. yay. :/

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Why hello there, little monkeys. Ran five miles on a treadmill last night and felt great. While I was stretching after, one of the female trainers at the gym commented on my weight loss and told me I look great. No doubt she was hitting on me. Can't say I blame her...poor thing.

Happy first day of summer!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Participated in an outdoor art festival in the blazing 95-degree heat out at the coast last week. There were about 40 other artists there as well exhibiting their stuff....we all suffered from dismal sales. Lot's of well-dressed looky-loo's afraid of hurting a hip pulling out their wallet. I sold a few things, but not enough to make it profitable.

I did, however, get an award and 50-dollar bonus for most unique art at the show, so that was pretty cool. Handed out over 200 cards and had a few jobs waiting in my email inbox when I got home. :thumb:

Heading back down for another show the 1st of July that's 5 times the size, so maybe some luck to be had yet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
work yesterdya. brewed what will be a blueberry wheat beer last night

splat - inverted blood doping :rofl:

greyhound - glad to hear business is on the up and up! this pic is for you:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Close to 90 today! I'm mountain biking after work today - Funner to town. Woot woot, singletrack rocks.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Pumped for another lunch ride today. Unfortunately it looks like today's high is 92 degrees. This will probably hurt a little bit.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Having a shower at my office rules except when you have to wait for the comb over guy who spends 50+ minutes in there blow drying and 'styling' that thing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hitting 80's in this bitch today! Morning, Monkeys!

Nice ride in, been tracking my progress on endomondo. Awesome app, but it seems to have issues getting a GPS signal outside the office.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hitting 80's in this bitch today! Morning, Monkeys!

Nice ride in, been tracking my progress on endomondo. Awesome app, but it seems to have issues getting a GPS signal outside the office.
Yeah I stopped using the app just for that reason. Motion-X GPS works great. I have also heard this works pretty well too.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was using MyTracks and had a similar issue. I have read that the GPS in the Galaxy S isn't the greatest. It seems to take about 30 seconds at the house to connect, but here is either times out or I give up waiting to ride. :rofl:

I do like the way it breaks down my mile times. Not enough to pay for an app yet, though.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Supposed to be 107 here today.
This is our off season. Its hard to even feel motivated to ride in that kind of heat.

The job search continues...

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
i went to the rope swing in town today, that thing is so fun chucks you like 20 feet up and into the water. later today trail work and really nothing else, gotta love summer vacation :). my bike is still broken though :(.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Agreed, having a shower here is awesome!
We have showers here, too. But there are 16 "Day use" lockers that some people seem to think they own so there are never any available. So I pack all my crap with me in my backpack.

It would be nice to have a place to keep things. I keep saying I am going to come in one weekend with a garbage bag and toss everyones crap that hasn't moved in months.

<edit> But then there was this gem a few weeks ago. :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The AC in my car does an awesome job of blowing hot air. I guess it makes me not mind riding on days when it's 93° and above. The hotter it gets, the fewer others there are in the woods/sauna.