Quantcast

**** summer.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Seriously. It got over 100F today in Nashville.

And Guess what? Our AC goes out TODAY OF ALL DAYS! WTF?

real cute jesus.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dont really have any choice other than to suck it up for at least the rest of the night, and prolly tomorrow.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Westy said:
Suck it up princess.

It is like 72 outside here now. I got the AC keeping things nice at 69.

why on earth would you run an AC when you didn't have too. 69* is pushing Arctic temperatures indoors.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
summer is officially my LEAST favorite season. Winter sucks, but at least it's not 100F outside. I turn on the AC yesterday, and sparks start spraying out of the voltage lines leading into the condenser. WHY GOD?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
laura said:
why on earth would you run an AC when you didn't have too. 69* is pushing Arctic temperatures indoors.
I can't sleep in temps above 70. Even with just a thin sheet I'll sweat like a madman. Weird thing is I'm perfectly comfortable with indoor temps around 80 when awake.

I freaking love summer, yeah so it gets hot you sweat big deal. Nothing beats the greenery and daylight until 9:00.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
BurlyShirley said:
summer is officially my LEAST favorite season. Winter sucks, but at least it's not 100F outside. I turn on the AC yesterday, and sparks start spraying out of the voltage lines leading into the condenser. WHY GOD?

god has moved from killing kitties to smiting your AC.

stop the smacking. god commands you.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Westy said:
I can't sleep in temps above 70. Even with just a thin sheet I'll sweat like a madman. Weird thing is I'm perfectly comfortable with indoor temps around 80 when awake.

I freaking love summer, yeah so it gets hot you sweat big deal. Nothing beats the greenery and daylight until 9:00.

if its too hot to go out, it doesn't matter how late it stays light. I like the winter because before daylight savings time kicks in it starts getting light at like 4.30 in the morning. I feel almost normal being up that early.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
the greenery is a plus though. I just have to get through the next month and a half without killing someone. If I could get my house down to 69 I might not hate it so much. We slept on top of sleeping bags in front of the AC in the den because the bedroom was to hot to sleep in last night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just got my first electricity bill after getting the new AC unit. Paid a bunch more money for a super efficient model. Keeping the house nice and cool and the bill came in less than $50/month. I traditionally have to pay more to cool the place than heating it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i am leading a ride for the club next Sunday. Was going to be an unusual ride in that we were going to meet up with another group that was going to do a smaller loop coming in from the other side of the mountains. Welp anyways they cancelled because of the forecast of 95 degree weather.

My ride goes on, there is cool alpine lakes and wind way up top....

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
BurlyShirley said:
Seriously. It got over 100F today in Nashville.

And Guess what? Our AC goes out TODAY OF ALL DAYS! WTF?

real cute jesus.

Aaron Tippin's manager called me from Nashville today. I told him to sit and spin on the spur of his boot (well, at least that's how it played out in my head...)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
What's with everyone complaining about summer? that's what summer is....HOT!

And you call youself's mountainbikers....PSH :clue:

I freakin' love summer