Quantcast

Summum headset problem

Kopff

Chimp
Jul 7, 2011
Odense dk
Hey, i'm having big trouble fitting the bearings into the cups on my new summum frame.

Me and my local mechanic have tryed but the bearing is really really tight fitting and we have to use a bearing pressing tool and a lot of force to get it 1/2 way in, and then the bearing won't turn?

Has anybody had the same or similar exprirense?

Thanx

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Hi mate

Are you sure its the correct bearing?

Measure the inner diameter of the cup and the outer diameter of the bearing to check they are going to fit.

Also you sure its not defective?

Or have you already put it in at an angle and maybe damaged the cup?

Kopff

Chimp
Jul 7, 2011
Odense dk
Hey, no i'm not sure that it is the right bearings! The frame is brand new and the headset was in the box, so i assume that it was supposed to fit together?

The cups where preinstalled, i have only been trying to get the bearings into the cups.

Anyhow i Will measure the radius of the cups and the bearing, in my opinion the bearing should fit snugley into the cups and not be forced into.

Thanx

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Yeah i would do that.

You could always note down the bearing code and email/call Mondraker to ask if it is the correct one.

If it is then either the cup or bearing is slightly wrong.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I would recomend ALWAYS using the press.....

Maybe she needs reaming/facing

the fact you said "we have to use the press"

worries the F*** out of me,

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
I would recomend ALWAYS using the press.....

Maybe she needs reaming/facing

the fact you said "we have to use the press"

worries the F*** out of me,
the way the bearings are put in the angle cups on the summum, they dont require a press. they slot in snugly but no need for a press.

Im taking my spare bearing down and seeing if he has the wrong ones, which seems likely.

Kopff

Chimp
Jul 7, 2011
Odense dk
I have messured the bearings that where included with frame and they are 41.8mm in diameter, but when i messure the cups inner diameter it is 41.0mm?

can somebody please check what bearing size the are runnig on thair summum

Thanx