Quantcast

! Sun day !

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Main power is currently disconnected at work, so all my shit is shut off.

Having a coffee and then might go take the derpderp bike out onto the lake before all the city folk come up here dicking around the ice fishing huts.

Supposed to rain today.

And the orange cat is going bonkers. I think he has a screw loose in ye 'ole brain cavity.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Was brought to my attention yesterday evening that MIL2 and FIL are coming today at around noon. Hannah made sleeping difficult last night, which was much needed, so still very fucking tired.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A bicycle would be more appropriate for that distance.
I think the crossover point for ambulation vs cycling is about 1/2 mile. Maybe 1/4 mile.

I am feeling more alive today. I shall hop on the Peloton for 30 or 45 minutes to nerd out about the DFA alpha 1 stat once my heart rate monitor strap arrives in the garage. Then I work 5-10 pm.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think the crossover point for ambulation vs cycling is about 1/2 mile. Maybe 1/4 mile.

I am feeling more alive today. I shall hop on the Peloton for 30 or 45 minutes to nerd out about the DFA alpha 1 stat once my heart rate monitor strap arrives in the garage. Then I work 5-10 pm.
Checks out.
I occasionally ride to our mailbox which is 1/4 mile from the house.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Good morning!

Looks as if things will freeze up decently enough to ride Tuesday. Concept2 rower sessions until then.

Breakfast in the meantime.

20210228_110522.jpg
20210228_102252.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got stock/eft bying training from my old friend from college. My whole study group went to finance and he and one other guy got Phds and the biggest grant you can get in Denmark to booth so I felt in good hands. He is the best teacher and also helped me get a much better grade in macro economics when I failed it the first time. Will start out with a mix of EFTs like SAP500 and Euro stocks.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. Headed out for long run in a bit. 12-20 miles, depending on how my legs feel.
15 miles. I know you guys were wondering about that. 7:10 avg pace....felt pretty good.

I bought two pounds of marinated steak tips for dinner. I am sure my CAT will love them. The more human food costs, the more she likes it. She goes nuts of sashimi tuna and NY strip steak.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
15 miles. I know you guys were wondering about that. 7:10 avg pace....felt pretty good.

I bought two pounds of marinated steak tips for dinner. I am sure my CAT will love them. The more human food costs, the more she likes it. She goes nuts of sashimi tuna and NY strip steak.
Our cats enjoy sashimi too.

The orange one goes absolutely bonkers if it smells shrimp of any kind.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Lazy ass weekend. Wife found a possible bug out property that a little over 2 hours away. 5 acres for $70k. The parking vs look amazing, but we still haven't closed on this damn refi.

It's been on the market a little while and isn't exactly in a hot location. But the idea is use it as a camp spot. Get power, septic, and well done. Then basically park Frita there while I build a pole barn. Then eventually a retirement house (pay somebody for that).

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yeesh, I thought that guy Full Trucker would never leave...

J/K, what a great house guest. Had a blast actually having company in the house, he was the first person that has stayed overnight in over a year. So fun to have company. Sorry the snow wasn’t as epic as expected. He can noodle on the gee-tar with the best of them!

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was out on the Kayak fishing for four hours and got skunked, but then so did everyone else out there (8 kayaks, 4 float tubes, and two pontoon rafts). I am le sore. that was a lot of pedaling and casting. Best part is that my fishing partner is 50 and he started to run over to help me lift my 75 pound Hobie on to the roof rack and seeing the look on his face when I just grabbed the mid yak handles and lifted the boat from the ground to over my head and placed it onto the rack in one fluid move. The day I can't lift 75 pounds is the day I say fuck it all and check out. Other wise it was awesome having no cell service and no honey do's for the day.