Quantcast

Sun Peaks question

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
I am going to SunPeaks next month. I heard that there is a ride close by called "rose hill"

Has anyone ridden there? I want to know if it is worth trying to find it or just ride the bike park.. I figured that since we were going to be that close to a good freeride trail, it may be worth finding..

Any comments on the Sun Peaks bike park??

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
sun peaks is not whistler for sure, dryer and lots of small rocks. If I was going there I would spend one day at sun peaks and 1 or more at rose hill area.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Sunpeaks is super fun. All natural, steep, rocky...excellent times!

Spend a day there, then take the awesome drive to Vernon and ride Silverstar for a day. Doesn't take that long to get there and the riding is also quite fun!

Rosehill is good for a lap or two. There is a shop at the base called "The Bicycle Cafe", Cheryl is the owner. Go in, and she can hook you up with some locals if you want.

Rose is full of locals built big hippers, gappers, etc. Yeah it's pretty fun, but if the weather is really hot/dry, it will be like riding on ice; the dirt that sits on the top layer is a very very slick silt and makes going big dangerous for non-locals.

You really need to find a couple locals looking for a shuttle group for Harper. You will LOVE Harper mountain. It's a bit out there, but the elevation, the setting...it is awesome.