Quantcast

Sunday AM ride

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rode a nice little 20-mile loop Sunday morning with Morryjg and others. Got rolling about 6:30 a.m., finished up at 9:30-ish. Big initial climb (~2k) followed by nice, classic Colorado XC rolling/downhill. Fun time was had by all. Except for the wee bit of road work at the end. :mumble:

-S.S.-

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
SkaredShtles said:
Rode a nice little 20-mile loop Sunday morning with Morryjg and others. Got rolling about 6:30 a.m., finished up at 9:30-ish. Big initial climb (~2k) followed by nice, classic Colorado XC rolling/downhill. Fun time was had by all. Except for the wee bit of road work at the end. :mumble:

-S.S.-
Were did you ride?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Up Mt Falcon across the top of that and down some roads on the backside. Caught a little single track called Bear Creek Trail that goes over to Bear Creek and then down through Lair O' the Bear open space park. That dumps down into Idledale, then we rode Morrison road back to Morrison then over to the Mt Falcon parking lot. What a fantastic ride!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Did a Sunday evening ride with the wife and kiddos. Rode to the water park and let the little ones play for a while before heading home. May do another ride with them tonight.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Did a Sunday evening ride with the wife and kiddos. Rode to the water park and let the little ones play for a while before heading home. May do another ride with them tonight.

Cool holmes - :thumb:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Morryjg said:
Up Mt Falcon across the top of that and down some roads on the backside. Caught a little single track called Bear Creek Trail that goes over to Bear Creek and then down through Lair O' the Bear open space park. That dumps down into Idledale, then we rode Morrison road back to Morrison then over to the Mt Falcon parking lot. What a fantastic ride!
Sounds like a great ride. And you couldn't have asked for better weather.

Oh, and I hate to break it to you guys, but the climb up Falcon isn't 2k. Last time I was up there, a guy at the shelter was saying that up to the shelter is only about 1350, and up to the upper lot is only about 1500. Trailcentral.com also lists the gain as only 6,300-7,800. Of couse, this doesn't change the fact that it FEELS like 3k climb.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
pixelninja said:
a guy at the shelter was saying that up to the shelter is only about 1350
I refuse to allow the facts to sway my opinions.....That thing has to be 2000 or more.... :rolleyes:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
<snip>Oh, and I hate to break it to you guys, but the climb up Falcon isn't 2k. Last time I was up there, a guy at the shelter was saying that up to the shelter is only about 1350, and up to the upper lot is only about 1500. Trailcentral.com also lists the gain as only 6,300-7,800. Of couse, this doesn't change the fact that it FEELS like 3k climb.
I was ummmmm... uhhh... including the climbing after going through the parking lot out to Indian Hills and then up to the start of the "descent/singletrack" to LO'TB. Yeah. That's it.

There was probably 2k total climbing. ;)

-S.S.-