Quantcast

Sunday and 2017, I suppose

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Horn on some car going off but I couldn't sleep anyway as the room is sweltering. This was a common complaint for this room in reviews. I have the door cracked open in 17° weather.

Never again, The Viking Lodge.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Hmm. Emojis in title apparently do not show. My apologies.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Happy New Year Monkies! Dont make yourself any promises you cannot keep...

100% percent chance of snow today and temps in the teens, if this keeps up we should have consistent riding conditions soon. I went hiking on my favorite trails last week and found too many drifts to make riding worth it.

I got a solid 10 hours of sleep last night and feel pretty good this first day of the new year. :thumb:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy new year monkeys :cheers:

I think I may have overindulged in the Buffalo chicken dip last night and my tummy is not happy. I also didn't sleep enough. Oh well, I have a year to recover.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Here is to a safe, sane and relatively decent 2017 for all...going for a hike with the Frau and hund, then an after lunch ride to ring in the NY...maybe the zoo this evening for the light show.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee and as soon as my head clears up I need to pull the turkey out of the brining solution and put charcoal in the BBQ and fire it up. Should have a nicely BBQ turkey in 5-6 hours after that. Somerwhere in the middle I will go ride dirt

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Woke at 9 after delayed and interrupted sleep. Now awaiting biscuits and gravy. Eventually off to Mary Jane.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
It's only the first day of 2017 and I already have something to be thankful for: Mrs. Stoney but not Mr. Stoney is featured in their friend's holiday party photos.

:D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mount Snow got 6" of light fluffy powder last night and I had a blast skiing in that today. It's not too often we get such dry snow here. I'm tired. Not crowded at all today, either. Got lots of runs in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mount Snow got 6" of light fluffy powder last night and I had a blast skiing in that today. It's not too often we get such dry snow here. I'm tired. Not crowded at all today, either. Got lots of runs in.

I was going to go skiing today but I am sick as a dog. All this coughing should be great for my abs though.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I skied. No powder here but pretty pleasant overall. I took it easy, only 10k vertical, and after the first 5 painful minutes in the boots felt good.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Unlike the Viking Lodge, the Yellowstone Gateway Inn "motel" room is badass. More like a 1br condo with a king and queen bed, kitchen, and small dining table.

Which is good, because as soon as we got into Montana, the drive turned into a shitshow.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Hiked, rode, ate Mexican, went to the zoo...not a bad start to the year. As someone messaged me...be kind to each other. Demand the truth. Recognize bullshit. Try to keep a sense of humor - 2017 is gonna be a bumpy ride.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
9 mile run yesterday. Drunk. 35 mile ride today which was shortened from planned 50 because cold. Seriously sore.

Stayed with friends who live in Backcountry and Wifey has remembered that she still wants to live there. Most of our local friends live there and with the community space, they rarely leave to play. One of her best friends just moved out from SF to there as well. So... I've been running numbers today and with our built in equity, we could transition for a not substantial cost. We'd have to cut our monthly dining out by half and reduce our toy spending by ~30% (it's excessive already), but it wouldn't impact drastically. Hmm...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Unlike the Viking Lodge, the Yellowstone Gateway Inn "motel" room is badass. More like a 1br condo with a king and queen bed, kitchen, and small dining table.

Which is good, because as soon as we got into Montana, the drive turned into a shitshow.
Make sure you try the Kung Pao Bear (#secretmenu, #thanksobama)

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/west-yellowstone-restaurant-owners-fined-lose-privileges-for-purchasing-wild/article_72c3ea03-4303-5d7d-bcc3-5c5af504c6d4.html

On June 8, FWP executed a search warrant on the property. Investigators discovered parts of two black bears, including meat and gallbladders, game birds, including four pheasants, and wild trout, she said.

Bummer that Café Madriz looks closed now, as most other food options in West are the $uck.

Outside the two mexi-buses, your kitchenette is probably the best choice re: price and value

Last edited: