Quantcast

<*> Sunday and it's still fucking winter <*>

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Will go ride in the upcoming snowy conditions later. Stuck in bed for a bit longer. Need to teach the dog how to make coffee.

16127035247378765670088189796055.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah finances morning! :think:

Going to Evo this morning with Wifey for boot fitting. Her boots overall fit, but are crushing her big toes, so we need to get that resolved. She also gets to go on a shopping spree while we're there. Her Columbia jacket, which is nice and fitted, looks very stylish, and is plenty warm for Tahoe, doesn't allow for the addition of enough layers for her to keep warm. She has Raynaud's phenomenom, so her hands and feet go into painful freezing mode which has been getting worse as she's gotten older. Looks like she'll probably be getting some sweet Helly Hansen gear, as it's pretty much the warmest lighter weight option available. My wallet will cry this weekend.

Working on scheduling for the house repairs, finally. I think we have everything we need sorted and we're looking at ending up way further ahead than having our original contractor do it. Playing GC myself will save us $5000. She "for kicks" got estimates to have the kitchen cabinets painted while the painting guy was here and had someone come out last week, "just for comparison". The cost of that is such that it pushes beyond what we've gotten from the insurance company for all the other repairs, so not in the budget. She surprised me and asked how hard it would be for us to demo the existing floor (engineered) and pull the baseboards on our own. Let her know it would take 8-10 hours for the floor with both of us and every evening of a week for me to do the baseboard removal (new boards, trying to keep them as best as possible), but we'd save $3300. That's her kitchen cabinets, so now she's totally on board with demo. Funny how that works...

She also saw a commercial that Subaru has new cars at 0% interest for 60 months and is trying to convince me to get a new car. I like my 2010 Forester with 78k with negligible insurance costs, thank you very much. It could use a few $k of love, but not $30k. Also, would you believe that the Outback actually has less legroom than the Forester? Car is 10" longer, but 1" less legroom for the driver. I need all the leg room I can get, and that ain't it. But FTS. I will done working at 55 and buying new cars isn't how I'm going to do it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah finances morning! :think:

Going to Evo this morning with Wifey for boot fitting. Her boots overall fit, but are crushing her big toes, so we need to get that resolved. She also gets to go on a shopping spree while we're there. Her Columbia jacket, which is nice and fitted, looks very stylish, and is plenty warm for Tahoe, doesn't allow for the addition of enough layers for her to keep warm. She has Raynaud's phenomenom, so her hands and feet go into painful freezing mode which has been getting worse as she's gotten older. Looks like she'll probably be getting some sweet Helly Hansen gear, as it's pretty much the warmest lighter weight option available. My wallet will cry this weekend.

Working on scheduling for the house repairs, finally. I think we have everything we need sorted and we're looking at ending up way further ahead than having our original contractor do it. Playing GC myself will save us $5000. She "for kicks" got estimates to have the kitchen cabinets painted while the painting guy was here and had someone come out last week, "just for comparison". The cost of that is such that it pushes beyond what we've gotten from the insurance company for all the other repairs, so not in the budget. She surprised me and asked how hard it would be for us to demo the existing floor (engineered) and pull the baseboards on our own. Let her know it would take 8-10 hours for the floor with both of us and every evening of a week for me to do the baseboard removal (new boards, trying to keep them as best as possible), but we'd save $3300. That's her kitchen cabinets, so now she's totally on board with demo. Funny how that works...

She also saw a commercial that Subaru has new cars at 0% interest for 60 months and is trying to convince me to get a new car. I like my 2010 Forester with 78k with negligible insurance costs, thank you very much. It could use a few $k of love, but not $30k. Also, would you believe that the Outback actually has less legroom than the Forester? Car is 10" longer, but 1" less legroom for the driver. I need all the leg room I can get, and that ain't it. But FTS. I will done working at 55 and buying new cars isn't how I'm going to do it.
tl;dr

actually I did read it because I cannot help myself

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Read: Stoney wants a new Outback:p

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Currently midway through vacuuming the house and Wife didn't even ask me to. Sometimes a guy just wants shit to be clean. Also, I pedaled my fat ass on the bike trainer for two hours while the Eddie the Eagle movie kept me distracted. Then I finished up the first Resident Evil movie. While Milla Jovovich is certainly nice to look at, the movie was otherwise a pile of crap.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Very windy outside, contemplating a ride but don't want to end up in Kansas.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tell your wife just because its a good deal doesn't mean she needs to buy it. i tell my wife that regularly.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Came home from the studio early last night to avoid driving in snow/rain with worn out tires but still stayed up to 8:30 watching it snow. We haven’t had much snow this year and none last winter. Only got an inch or so. Purty though. All gone now.

Queue @jstuhlman Southern ride preferences.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gave a coworker a tour around some new to him trails. He just started riding this year and has only been riding flow trails. Showed him some moderate tech trails. He did well. It was really cold and really wet. The moderate pace made the conditions more tolerable.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hey @Toshi follow up gopro question, what size memory card do you have and how much footage will you get on it? Is a spare battery worth it or no?
I use a 256 GB MicroSD card these days. 7 hours of footage on my usual settings, which is just plenty and enough that one need not purge the card religiously each ride.

For anything of long duration or especially cold temperatures I highly recommend carrying a second battery. Those suckers don't last too long in ski weather.