Quantcast

Sunday angleset

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I am at work and have no access to my bike, but I am wondering if anybody has put an Angleset in a Sunday yet. I have an 08 and just called CC who claimed that it has an intergrated headset and there is no compatible Angleset. I find this hard to believe...does anyone have any experience or insight?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Jay, can't help you with your inquiry but your bike is so calling for this

Stik would vouch for these.

Make sure to install the cannister on the downtube, just above the BB shell junction facing forward.

Happy Friday!

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
My Angleset will be here this week for my '07 Elite. It should be fun.

I'm a bit curious how others are doing with their Anglesets; One local rider is pulling his off in favor of a King because he could not get the gimbles to seat properly and either knocked or overloaded the bearings making them real stiff to turn. I've not heard of anything similar else where.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
My Angleset will be here this week for my '07 Elite. It should be fun.

I'm a bit curious how others are doing with their Anglesets; One local rider is pulling his off in favor of a King because he could not get the gimbles to seat properly and either knocked or overloaded the bearings making them real stiff to turn. I've not heard of anything similar else where.
Did he contact Cane Creek about this? They're usually pretty helpful when you have problems. I assume he greased the $hit out of it?

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Honestly I don't know. I've been one of his mechanics for many of his needs through my shop for the last 4-5 years for custom wheel builds, brake bleeds, fork overhauls and the like. However, he is a very competent mechanic and can do all of his other work just fine. He has no interest in adjusting his angles on his frame and was running in it the 0* setting. The headset came with his V10c so that's what he used.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Installing the angle headset takes a bit of time. Gietting those dame gimbles to set right takes tmi. It took my bike shop and I about five times reinstalling it for it to set right. I bet there will be a sight redesign in the near future to make it easier to install.

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Dumb question perhaps, but is there any reason people aren't just buying the preset angled reducer cups?

I've been running -1deg ones in my sunday for years now and they've been awesome, and am considering swapping them out for -2deg ones because I'm riding steeper tracks now.

It's cheaper, you get a lower stack height, less hassle to setup, and it's not like you change your head angle once a week surely? Personally I like the idea of everything being fixed / having less parts involved too.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Dumb question perhaps, but is there any reason people aren't just buying the preset angled reducer cups?
cane creek ones are independent of headtube length.

for some bikes it may be hard to find a manufacturer of angled cups that has a product within tolerances you need...

I can vouch for the product too... I'm sure everyone has their own takes, but I put a -1.5 CC angleset on my bike without any issues and have been problem free since day one. And to me, it wasn't any harder that installing a normal headset. Took about 20 mins start to finish.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
IF you asked me,this is one of the products you must read the instructions.

My angleset is running butter smooth perfect,and I tightened a little more then usual just to be safe.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm using the Angleset since it gives me options. I know you need 63 of less to win, but I've been happy with 65 for a while so I worry that too slack may be problematic. Plus the cost vs. a works setup was negligible.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Is that the case? Thats the first I've heard they are...
Yup. There will be a little variation, like a really long headtube might be -1.2* instead of -1.5, but essentially independent. The angled reducer cups such as the ones made by K9 and Works are machined to a precise headtube length, you get too far out of that range and the races wont seat on the bearings...

Quote from Cane Creek Website:

The all-new AngleSet threadless headset makes it possible to change the game. With AngleSet the head angle of a mountain bike can be transformed with ease, as the low-stack-height AngleSet offers up to six offset angle adjustments. With steeper or slacker adjustments from 0.5 to 1.5 degrees, dialing in the perfect geometry to attack the trail is a breeze. The patent-pending design of AngleSet is head-tube length independent and fits most popular head-tube standards. A self-aligning feature between the bearings and the steerer-tube ensures a perfect fit and makes fork installation a snap.

Last edited: