Quantcast

Sunday at N*?

So I know that in a moment of brilliance N* management decided to hold a race on the second day the mountain is open...but that's the only day of the weekend I can make it up.
So anyone know what trails they are using for the race? Which one's am I going to have to poach?

I'd race, but I'm still recovering from a smashed up knee from nine weeks ago and don't want to waist my money on a race ticket.

calskierx

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
Whatsup man, i live in dixon and pretty much ride the skate park on a 38 pound bike.. Any local DH trails you wanna share? sorry for hijackin the thread i dont know anything about the race yet.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
the race is usually held on parts of Karpiel, Dogg bone, Speed Control, Meander and the Daytona Berms.

As far as which trails will be open to the public, it depends on the condition of each trail I am guessing.

And you are not really wasting your money, if they do it like last year. To enter the race is $25, and they give you a discounted lift ticket which brings the total to about the same as a regular lift ticket.(well at least they did last year).

cornholio

Chimp
May 6, 2005
you don't have to race to ride the course during practice. boondocks is always open. usually the only trails that get closed in their entirety is karpiel and pho dogg. for the other stuff like sticks and dogbone, the upper part is open but the lower sections with the tech rock gardens are closed. imo, still plenty of good riding to be had, but it always sucks to get down the trail only to find your favorite section roped off.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
I called Northstar to make sure that the race still happening Sunday, and according to Sharon the events coordinator, the race is STILL a go.