Quantcast

$$$sunday funday gmt$$$

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh yeah, its Sunday.

After **** hit the fan on Friday night here at the house (got clocked in the nose, ugh), then work on Saturday morning where we had to bust our balls removing this giant UPS out of the server room; I took a nap at roughly 3:30pm.

I just woke up from said nap....

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
*yawn*

Didn't get home until 4, still woke up at 8 for no good reason. Going hiking in a couple hours though.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hanging in Denver with big sis and her family. Photos have been shot appropriately. Tasty steak cooked by brother in law in belly from last night. Did some burpees and such this morning, motivated by the wife doing her workout routine (for a class).

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Morning , watching breaking bad season 5 at the moment . Trail ride and buying a stumpjumper off a buddy of mine later today .

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Spent the day at a local amusement park with the girls & sq-earl yesterday. Fun was had. Both of my girls are daredevils (big surprise) so there were some arguments between the 2 year old (yes, she's 2 now) and Daddy because she isn't big enough to ride the big coasters yet LOL!

Yard work today followed by Baccalaureate with my Seniors. The countdown to summer break is on!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
1:35 hours / 25 mile road ride. Off to run errands for the week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For being tired as hell after sleeping for 15 hours, today turned out pretty good. So glad I didn't just sit on my ass and watch the World Cup race (which I am about to do).

Brought the trail bike up to the DH hill for a warm-up, then crossed the street and rode some amazing single track. :)
http://www.strava.com/activities/151150881

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Stop providing her with water. Just cranberry juice from here out.
We've gone beyond that I'm pretty sure. She's getting these damn things practically every six months. I'm officially concerned about 1: The sheer amount of antibiotics we're (she) is consuming, and 2: why the fvck are we having to deal with this so often? We had a test done on her when she was 2 (3?) where she was basically back filled with fluid and given an MRI to check out her kidneys and urinary tract and supposedly everything checked out, but I'm seriously entering parental freak out mode.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ouch that is not fun. My daughter had a few of them as well. Its tough...

Hopefully you find some sort of cure, sooner than later.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We've gone beyond that I'm pretty sure. She's getting these damn things practically every six months. I'm officially concerned about 1: The sheer amount of antibiotics we're (she) is consuming, and 2: why the fvck are we having to deal with this so often? We had a test done on her when she was 2 (3?) where she was basically back filled with fluid and given an MRI to check out her kidneys and urinary tract and supposedly everything checked out, but I'm seriously entering parental freak out mode.
Huh, I didn't know they did VCUGs with MRI. I'd recommend she get at least a kidney ultrasound repeated. No radiation, no risk.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am back in the saddle after a week on the sidelines, taking baby steps. Stitches are still in but wound is healing nicely.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Temps at the horse show hit 101 with no wind. Treated two riders for heat exhaustion ( ice packs, cold electrolyte drinks, moved them to an air conditioned room) that and one sprained ankle and one cut was my sum total of work for 3 days. Take home pay was just under a grand....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am back in the saddle after a week on the sidelines, taking baby steps. Stitches are still in but wound is healing nicely.
nice . I'm jealous. Ribs still hurt like hell. I can't even contemplate getting back on the bike. Starting to go stir crazy, which is driving my wife nuts . No bueno. At least we're heading to Maine on Thursday.

Which reminds me. Anyone know of a good motel to stay at with a family of four along the 302 in the Crawford Notch area? We're gonna take our time driving there in stages. I've always wanted to stop and have a look around in the Whites.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
slyfink: I can't help with a motel, but I've spent a bunch of time up in the Whites between Littleton and N. Conway ... it's beautiful. Get out and explore/hike or whatever.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I got very enduro. Wound up 12th out of 33. I was fairly courteous to a lady having some issues on the trail ahead of me. I may have cracked the top 10 if I were less of a gentleman. Plus I hardly got off the bike whereas lots of folks walked all of the climbs.

12th + 1 year off "master" (40) + gentleman points + enduro points = win.

"oh no bro" award goes to big-ted who had the win in reach, but flatted out. Bummer.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
nice . I'm jealous. Ribs still hurt like hell. I can't even contemplate getting back on the bike. Starting to go stir crazy, which is driving my wife nuts . No bueno. At least we're heading to Maine on Thursday.

Which reminds me. Anyone know of a good motel to stay at with a family of four along the 302 in the Crawford Notch area? We're gonna take our time driving there in stages. I've always wanted to stop and have a look around in the Whites.
Heal up fast! I never stayed in the Crawford notch directly, but I stayed many times in royalty inn in Gorham, it is a good base for ski trips to wildcat. You could try the famous mt Washington resort, too (of the Bretton woods monetary standard fame) . I have no idea how expensive it is though.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
slyfink: I can't help with a motel, but I've spent a bunch of time up in the Whites between Littleton and N. Conway ... it's beautiful. Get out and explore/hike or whatever.
Heal up fast! I never stayed in the Crawford notch directly, but I stayed many times in royalty inn in Gorham, it is a good base for ski trips to wildcat. You could try the famous mt Washington resort, too (of the Bretton woods monetary standard fame) . I have no idea how expensive it is though.
thanks guys. would you say it's nicer on the N Conway side or the Littleton side?