Quantcast

@@ Sunday Funday GMT @@

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hello!
slept well, thankfully. not too long, but enough. (ha! that's what she said)
might get another ride in today as this week looks like the start of Winter in the CO mountains.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hi Nick. I was thinking of riding this morning as well. Want to meet up?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I might have been enlisted into riding with the 8 and 2.5 year olds instead, the latter on the Mac Ride. Will update if those plans are jettisoned.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Just waking up from a food coma.
We did the Canuckistani thanksgiving yesterday.
For a change of pace SWMBO deemed no Turkey or Ham; we shall have Beef. So I roasted a 9 lb Prime Rib for da family and grandparents. Have never done a large 3 rib bone in roast like this and was petty nervous about making a mess of a very expensive piece of beast. Dumbest thing I have done in quite a while is NOT take a picture of it, (not my normal thing) cause it came out fricken awesome. :drool:

Leftovers are gonna be killer.

Possible run to our only sad little lift park tomorrow for season end.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just waking up from a food coma.
We did the Canuckistani thanksgiving yesterday.
For a change of pace SWMBO deemed no Turkey or Ham; we shall have Beef. So I roasted a 9 lb Prime Rib for da family and grandparents. Have never done a large 3 rib bone in roast like this and was petty nervous about making a mess of a very expensive piece of beast. Dumbest thing I have done in quite a while is NOT take a picture of it, (not my normal thing) cause it came out fricken awesome. :drool:

Leftovers are gonna be killer.

Possible run to our only sad little lift park tomorrow for season end.
I would like to subscribe to some leftover cuts.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Youngest is off to party #1 while I work on grades and teach a couple of lessons in between shuttling her to party #2 and oldest to work. Doing some laundry and housework too. It's an exciting life I lead for sure! Now....to make some (more) coffee!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is having a really rough morning. Apparently getting together for a 20yr reunion with your college friends doesn't end well. Who knew? We called it at 11:30pm and the others were heading out again. We haven't heard from anyone else yet, despite having some relatively early flights. I think quite a few are going to be missed...

I'm kind of glad I don't really drink anymore. Watching it from the side shows just how much of a cluster fuck it is.

I still need to sleep though. Fucking tired.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wifey is having a really rough morning. Apparently getting together for a 20yr reunion with your college friends doesn't end well. Who knew? We called it at 11:30pm and the others were heading out again. We haven't heard from anyone else yet, despite having some relatively early flights. I think quite a few are going to be missed...

I'm kind of glad I don't really drink anymore. Watching it from the side shows just how much of a cluster fuck it is.

I still need to sleep though. Fucking tired.
Flying hungover is the worst kind of flying. :rofl:

Especially if it's your pilot that's hungover.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Live blues at one of the breweries last night, Teh Spousal Unit’s manager plays bass in the band. They’re pretty dang good. Fun to meet some more local folks, and heading out on a ride with some new people today here in about 45 minutes. Other than that, lots of unpacking and organization happening in the new house. We’re getting more settled in by the hour.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Saw my first bears of the summer today on the muni trails! Turns out bears are real!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got my ass kicked by my buddy from Durango on this mornings ride. 1400' of ups an downs in a 90 minute ride. He is 52 and in phenominal shape Me I'm 65 and out of shape from too much fucking work. I had to hike a bike a couple of times to let my HR drop. We had a blast and really enjoyed the post ride Ice cold beer from the ice chest. ribs are now on the BBQ Great day

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Need to get new winter tyres installed and emissions done on the snow plow this week. Hopefully Tuesdays storm doesn't dump on us.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’m on holiday at a friend’s farm. Helped put up a fence this morning after staying up to 2am drinking hard last night. Absolutely fucked now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
left bank deposit and phone on the roof of car while getting in car and drove off....

did not notice problem until i was at home....

retraced route with flashlight...found deposit and crushed phone in the middle of the road about 3/4 of a mile away....

oh well...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My new friend Stacy invited me over for Crepes. She has good taste in wine. They were delicious. Local wines. Very buzzed right now. Didn't lift a finger. I walked home.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
With thaw-freeze and rain, I've been riding my bike across town to trailheads, just in case the trails suck, so I can ride back and..at least I rode some? Trails didn't suck back today though, it's been drying out since we got snow a few weeks ago and most of the ice is gone down low, just normal fall stuff. Hope we get some colder temps again to freeze any of the mud, but I'll take drying out too (just less likely).