Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
raining, drinking coffee after walking the dogs and towling them off. Looks like its the home gym workout today unless the rain stops. Oh yeah need to go to the nursery and pick up the rose trees my wife picked up, at least the digging should be easy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took care of the baby all morning. Off to Nick's to get my board tuned and see if we can fix my Reverb. Oh, and drink beer.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yo. We fit the rear facing car seat in our cars (and a Leaf at the dealer, too!). Starting to feel more real.

In other news, going low-/no-carb is quite tasty. Lunch was a big plate of organic ground beef cooked in a liberal amount of olive oil over a bed of spinach.

Jan 4, 2013
I think I would end up chewing bread and spitting it out if I tried to go no-carb.

Congrats on the bundle of joy. I was reminded of something on the MUP today. If you take the kid, you can get permssion to go do anything. So get a baby trailer for your bike. :)

Did you drive the Leaf?

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Heh, good thought on the Bob trailer. Once she can hold her head up (which should be sometime this autumn or certainly by winter) then I'll look into such things.

I didn't drive the Leaf today, but I have in past months. I wrote about it at that time. With minor editing, here's what I typed:

me said:
Driving [the Leaf] turned out to be a bit anticlimactic, honestly, as the driving impressions from various outlets' reviews combined with our own experience as passengers in it before pretty much summed it up: It's very quiet, very smooth, has good low-end kick thanks to the innate characteristics of electric drive, has low-rolling-resistance/easily-provoked-to-squealing tires, and feels planted and surefooted in general, possibly secondary to the low CoG created by the battery's low-slung bulk.

Driving position is akin to that in our '06 Prius, which is to say that it's a bit more elevated than a typical "small car", outward visibility was excellent, and the interior had a great, light, airy feel to it.

All in all the Leaf's quite an attractive package[…]

Jan 4, 2013
Oh, cool, thanks for re-posting. I'd love to have an electric car. I think I'd get a lot of use out of it. Until car insurance charges by the mile, though, I can't justify the expense.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Brilliant XC ride on Long Island. Dry trails and a good company. Highlight was an accidental one footer jump into a berm and landed it. Ride time XC pedals is not the same as 5.10 and grippy platform pedals.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Party at skyst3alth's !!

Good evening. Laid a nice wax job on Stoney's snowboard, scarfed down some enchiladas and killed the rest of the day watching football. Definitely warm enough to ride, but I didn't, so I suck at bikes.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Put my first batch of homebrew to work today. (even though it's a Mr.Beer kit...:shrug:)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yo. We fit the rear facing car seat in our cars (and a Leaf at the dealer, too!). Starting to feel more real.
One thing to think about, as we are having some issues with this. When you have guests in town, you will likely have more than just you two and the baby in the car. Make sure that you have enough space for say, a set of parent's, in the back with the car seat.

I know I am taller and have to sit farther back than you do, but in both of our Forester's (04 & 10), it is VERY tight for an average sized person with the car seat. If I have the seat slid forward as if I was about 6', even the back seat isn't comfortable for someone average sized.

Just food for thought in your car search. I'm pretty sure the Tesla isn't going to work, sadly.