Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Laundromat day, there bright and early just after 7 AM. Couldn't sleep either. The good news is that I'm getting a lot of studying/reading done, I suppose.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Was reading a Reacher book and napping all day. Sunburn on my chest and gut. Itchy.

Those books aren't bad.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Fixed car, drank beer, drinking beer and hoping for another weekend of skiing.

Didn't ski today, put a few miles on the snow machines, got stuck as fukk from horsing around off the trail. WhAt a workout moving those sleds around in heavy snow. Gonna be sore tomorrow

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I hate it when a project turns out to be way more work than anticipated. One thing I found out is that there is a lot of surface area for killing bugs on my camper. It took 3 hours just to scrub all the splats of the front end of the camper and the truck and a total of 5 hours to get the damn thing washed and waxed. I might do it again next year after I forget what a pain in the arse it was.

looks good though

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You sure you're under your rear axle gross weight limit with that camper on a single rear wheel truck, Eric?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You sure you're under your rear axle gross weight limit with that camper on a single rear wheel truck, Eric?
Looks like a F350 SRW; he should be fine.
DRW would be more stable on the twisties and on windy days.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Looks like a F350 SRW; he should be fine.
DRW would be more stable on the twisties and on windy days.
10 ply tires rated at 3750#, Rancho 9000xl shocks, airbags, stable loads, and anti-sway bars. It barely leans in the turns or cross winds. Been using this set up for over 3 years aand have been through the Rockies, SW deserts and the Sierras on both pavement and dirt with no issues.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
10 ply tires rated at 3750#, Rancho 9000xl shocks, airbags, stable loads, and anti-sway bars. It barely leans in the turns or cross winds. Been using this set up for over 3 years aand have been through the Rockies, SW deserts and the Sierras on both pavement and dirt with no issues.
Don't doubt it for a second.
My brother pulled his 3rd wheel horse rig all over the rockies/plains with his 250 srw with a similar set-up.
When the engine popped he picked up a 7.3 DRW and was even happier.