Quantcast

Sunday GMT

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Working, pining for my new bike.

Much mtb website surfing... on a slow connection.

Torturing myself....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Spending the day palling around with the wife. Gonna be a good day.

My legs are pretty tired from yesterday's road ride. Yep, I'm in early season form.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Bringing my son home from the hospital, introducing him to my 2 year old daughter and hoping to get on my trials bike. I'm doing my first trials competition this June after a 13 year break from competitive riding and a 12 break from riding a trials bike. I need practice.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Bringing my son home from the hospital, introducing him to my 2 year old daughter and hoping to get on my trials bike. I'm doing my first trials competition this June after a 13 year break from competitive riding and a 12 break from riding a trials bike. I need practice.
Sweet. What are you riding?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took a staycation up to Beaver Creek and I'm getting ready to head to Copper Mountain for some boarding. Wifey will do the ski bunny thing and lodge surf with Haley.

We're supposed to get 6-12" of snow tomorrow night. I get to go home to draining the sprinklers and cleaning up my side of the garage so I can park inside.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Headed down to Rhode Island to look at a 31' Airstream trailer.
Current owner is mid-restoration; it's been gutted to the bare shell, cleaned, polished etc.

We're considering sticking it in the back yard as an office/child avoidance center/meth lab.
For now all it needs is reinsulating, running the electrical basics and installing the mint interior wall panels.
Eventually we'll build out a custom interior and stick it on some land in ME or NM.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Headed down to Rhode Island to look at a 31' Airstream trailer.
Current owner is mid-restoration; it's been gutted to the bare shell, cleaned, polished etc.

We're considering sticking it in the back yard as an office/child avoidance center/meth lab.
For now all it needs is reinsulating, running the electrical basics and installing the mint interior wall panels.
Eventually we'll build out a custom interior and stick it on some land in ME or NM.
I approve of this project. Is it on axles/how'd you get it back?

I'm up to nothing much. Exchanging out the empty propane tank for the grill and returning the detritus of my thoroughly failed speaker installation project in the Prius.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Congrats!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I approve of this project. Is it on axles/how'd you get it back?
It's still on it's frame/axles though the shell is all braced to remove it.
Sounds like the current owner was preparing to restore the frame itself.

Going to check out the general situation and current state of road-worthiness today.
If it looks tenable we'll drag it back with my truck at some point but I'm sure I need to rig lights etc up before then.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just got done with work. Had a vendor come out and inspect all 15 of our vehicles to insure contract compliance. Something seriously effed up with getting up at 5:30 am on a Sunday. At least every vehicle was in compliance which makes my life so much easier.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's sacrilege, but I just may prefer grilled salmon over grilled steak, given the proper marinade. Last night grilled up ahi and salmon, tonight grilled up tiger prawns and salmon. Win.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Spring skiing yesterday, winter-ish weather today. Won two Helly Hansen base layers. Supposed to have a powder day Tuesday so just emailed my boss letting him know not to expect me back for a couple days. Successful weekend.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Sweet. What are you riding?
A 26" Echo.

Torn between sport and expert. I can more than likely rear wheel the sport sections but I am concerned about my stamina for the duration of a full comp. if I do expert I probably won't be able to get up over 50% of the ups. Gaps and drops are not a issue for me.
Leaning towards sport, if I end of getting cleans on everything and it being easy for me I will just take fives for each section on my last loop so I'm not called a sand bigger.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A 26" Echo.

Torn between sport and expert. I can more than likely rear wheel the sport sections but I am concerned about my stamina for the duration of a full comp. if I do expert I probably won't be able to get up over 50% of the ups. Gaps and drops are not a issue for me.

Leaning towards sport, if I end of getting cleans on everything and it being easy for me I will just take fives for each section on my last loop so I'm not called a sand bigger.

Raccoon rally?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I always enjoy lifting one of the heaviest trailer hitch set ups into place so that someone can trailer their horse to a competition next weekend and then get crap from that same person for not hanging out and watching them practice. Hello I only have limited free time, I can watch you ride or I can do the manual labor on the vehicle that you can't do, please pick one or the other. The whole set up is about 150 pounds and you have to bench press it to get the double truss into the hitch.

Last edited: