Quantcast

**sunday gmt**

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin'

Road ride yesterday; 57 miles, 3,000ish ft of climbing, 13mph average. I had a faster average until the last 10 miles or so when I kind of bonked. Also, I really need a new pair of shorts.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

The wifey and I are heading out for a bike ride in a bit. She has requested to do an "off-road" ride so we're gonna hit up some local dirt trails near our house. Maybe I can talk her into taking her bike off some sweet jumps :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin'

Road ride yesterday; 57 miles, 3,000ish ft of climbing, 13mph average. I had a faster average until the last 10 miles or so when I kind of bonked. Also, I really need a new pair of shorts.
Road or trail? If the latter then that's a marathon and a half.

Today I'm playing in a concert along with my wife. We're soloists on a double concerto plus I'm playing the whole thing. It's our last performance with this group, which has been one of the high points of our quickly and thankfully dwindling time in Long Island.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Toshi: road ride. Funny to see all the spots I missed with the sunscreen.

Mellow trail ride on tap today, maybe playing on some rocks.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Road or trail? If the latter then that's a marathon and a half.

Today I'm playing in a concert along with my wife. We're soloists on a double concerto plus I'm playing the whole thing. It's our last performance with this group, which has been one of the high points of our quickly and thankfully dwindling time in Long Island.
What do you guys play? Who were you performing with?

Morning! Planning for a ride today.... debating road or trail...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I play trumpet, she plays clarinet. We met at orchestra camp around 16 or 17 years ago. :D (Orchestra camp is very different than band camp, mind you.)

We're performing with Northwinds Symphonic Band, who haven't updated their website since the last (canceled due to weather) concert: http://www.northwindssymphonicband.org/ . Both of us have played with the band for our whole time on Long Island, coming up on four years.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
That's awesome! I play flute, no, I never went to band camp. I majored in Music in college but have never found a group to play with. Mostly due to not making the effort, but I really do feel like it is missing from my life right now! I'm so removed from the music scene now though it's hard to know where to even begin!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's awesome! I play flute, no, I never went to band camp. I majored in Music in college but have never found a group to play with. Mostly due to not making the effort, but I really do feel like it is missing from my life right now! I'm so removed from the music scene now though it's hard to know where to even begin!
There are lots of community music opportunities around Renton. Hell, I know of one offhand that'd be just right for you as a comeback player, if you will:

http://www.highlineband.org/

My uncle plays clarinet in it (he lives in Kent).

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
You are right! That is perfect, and the practice schedule fits perfect! Toshi--you are amazing! I will definitely check it out!! Thank you!!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Do you play jazz flute???

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Skibunny you drive a Forrester and play the flute. Too much information in one day.
well I definitely don't drive a forrester! Outback all the way! ... though... that probanly doesn't help. Meh.

Also, Toshi! I spoke with the conductor and will go play with them tomorrow night! Thank you again!!!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Longest trail ride I've ever done today. Probably about 1500m of elevation, maybe 20 or 25 km.

I'm shredded.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Nice Peach!

I went for a trail ride with my pups today, had an excellent time racing my girl through the woods! Lots of new features since I was there last!