Quantcast

*** Sunday GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no bike show for me today.

hanging with uncle i never see from philly....brought with him a pick up truck load of tools from his shop from his truck driving days....old tools of my grandfathers...

vietnam vet/biker/truck driver/dock worker.....said he wouldn't have had it any other way...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all.

I put my money where my (alter ego inner five year old boy's) mouth is, and will be coming home with a series 100 Land Cruiser after the requisite reams of paperwork are duly signed and dated. Waiting in the dealer lounge now.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
sick as a dog and barfing everything I look at.

My dog was doing the same thing earlier today . Morning or something , bad day on the bike for myself crash on my trail bike results in 5 stitches and a 319$ bill . then I get home and my dog starts throwing up all over the place . Took a codone and a long nap feeling good now .

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Howdy all.

I put my money where my (alter ego inner five year old boy's) mouth is, and will be coming home with a series 100 Land Cruiser after the requisite reams of paperwork are duly signed and dated. Waiting in the dealer lounge now.
What went wrong/right?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Ahh so I did get the job in Colorado btw the Prius is sold I remember so they only have the electric Nissa.
Yup, got the Denver job. :thumb:

I'm going to put good snow tires on the Land Cruiser come wintertime, too, for the record (as well as on the LEAF, which my wife prefers to drive, at least at the moment). Truck based 4WD and ground clearance + winter tires should ensure I get to work in a timely manner.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Toshi: remember that there is snow "IN" Denver like 3 days a year. The only time you'll need to worry about road-worthiness is heading into the mountains.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Congrats! Now get off your ass and pedal some of that chub off. :D
The chances of me making it to local trailheads are now a bit higher than before, true. With the LEAF I had to quick charge at the dealer just to make it home for all but the closest of trails…
Toshi: remember that there is snow "IN" Denver like 3 days a year. The only time you'll need to worry about road-worthiness is heading into the mountains.
Fair enough. Still is a good excuse, good enough to convince the wife. :thumb:

(and, in I just found $5, er, $1500 moment, I found out this evening that the timing belt and water pump were indeed done, back in 2012. I had negotiated, as had the dealer, on the assumption that this hadn't been done. Booyah.)