Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Woke up this morning with a headache, my nose wont stop running so it appears I've got my 3rd cold of the season, the little one is being a bit of a hellion this morning, internet news feed says Buffalo Bills are going to hire Rex Ryan,... TODAY CAN KISS MY ASS!!!!!

It's an irish coffee kind of morning. :Alcoholic:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just wrapped up another great ride. 3 days/3 rides despite highs in mid teens. Almost got decapitated by a tree when my front end washed out on an icy turn but some Matrix style body English kept me intact.

Still not getting the fat bike thing. We saw a couple packs of them (only 3" snow, no need) and I've never seen riders with such an upright cornering position. It's like they have training wheels on.

Now for an afternoon of football and cooking.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Refrigerator broke. When it is on it makes a hugely obnoxious noise and doesn't seem to keep things cold. It is 2 years old and just out of warranty. So it looks like I will buying a new fridge.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Still not getting the fat bike thing. We saw a couple packs of them (only 3" snow, no need) and I've never seen riders with such an upright cornering position. It's like they have training wheels on.
based on my experience, the majority of the people i've witnessed on / talked to who were riding fat bikes didn't come across as the kind of rider who could corner better even on a regular mtb.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New fridge on craigslist $50 and $20 to have it delivered. They even took the old one away. Church people. Very nice. Other then dirty it works fine. Ice maker and everything. Just have to hook up the water.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Cars are washed. Despite it being 36 degrees this morning my preferred car wash had a healthy crowd right after opening. Mariko, who usually doesn't like car washes because of the noise, even wanted to ride in the car during the wash and didn't flip out when we obliged.

:thumb:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Toboganning with the eldest yesterday, and took him out on the xc skis today... very nice, but I almost feel like I'm neglecting the little one.

Managed to get out for 1h45 minutes xc skiing with buddies today. despite the dust on crust, conditions were really good. hit some of my favourite trails, got a little crazy in some descents, but not broken bones so all's good.

Pulled pork in slow cooker is almost done. life is good!

have a good week everyone, be safe.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Looks like my unemployment-cation is over as of Feb 2. I guess that's a good thing, but bummed that the other offer fell through. Things have probably worked out in a much "safer" direction, but the potential shift in career was really piquing my interest.

Now, sitting with a beer and composing my final points to clarify before coming to a final agreement. The beer probably isn't doing my flu any good, but fuck it. We're all sick in the house at the moment.

Wife: flu, sore everything, including insanely sore throat.
Me: see above
2 year old: eye infection, runny everything, waking up 2 or 3 times a night
4 month old: crazy cough, only pooping once/week. waking up every 1.5 hours with coughing fits.

Add to this that my neck still seems to be clicking and giving me grief after lawn darting on a ride about a week before Christmas.

I'm getting old.

I guess things are still pretty good though. Our townhouse is definitely feeling small after spending 2 weeks back in Mtl in our families' and friends' REAL houses. Might have to do something about that situation now that I've got a job more or less lined up.

I see crushing debt in my near-ish future.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
MAKE SURE YOU SCRUB ALL THE SKYENCE OFF OF IT BEFORE PLUGGING IT IN!
I was very indignant and thanked Satan several times while cleaning it and putting my abundance for which I take for granted into it. I also cursed at the lord after I smashed my thumb cleaning the glass on the bottom shelf. I also took the time to think about all the fools who give me money so that I can afford to buy a fridge and have it delivered on a Sunday. I am cool like that....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No skiing this weekend due to life getting in the way, so it was a weekend of marathon training. 104 days until New Jersey. Running in these cold temps can be a mental battle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like my unemployment-cation is over as of Feb 2. I guess that's a good thing, but bummed that the other offer fell through. Things have probably worked out in a much "safer" direction, but the potential shift in career was really piquing my interest.

Now, sitting with a beer and composing my final points to clarify before coming to a final agreement. The beer probably isn't doing my flu any good, but fuck it. We're all sick in the house at the moment.

Wife: flu, sore everything, including insanely sore throat.
Me: see above
2 year old: eye infection, runny everything, waking up 2 or 3 times a night
4 month old: crazy cough, only pooping once/week. waking up every 1.5 hours with coughing fits.

Add to this that my neck still seems to be clicking and giving me grief after lawn darting on a ride about a week before Christmas.

I'm getting old.

I guess things are still pretty good though. Our townhouse is definitely feeling small after spending 2 weeks back in Mtl in our families' and friends' REAL houses. Might have to do something about that situation now that I've got a job more or less lined up.

I see crushing debt in my near-ish future.
Beer helps you hydrate when you have the flu. A few brewskies will help the 2 y/o sleep through the night. Some Genny Cream Ale will get the 4 m/o pooping. Beer solves all problems.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
two days of pretty cold skiing, great Pats game, and Mayhem and Watain to close out the weekend.

i think Life is Good needs to underwrite the next Watain or Mayhem tour. target audience, etc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Developed a pretty bad case of the fuckits last night and called in "sick". Slept in, now out for breakfast with the women folk, I may even ride a bike today.

Teach me your ways master. I need to start using fuckitall sickdays. Last sick day was taken in 2003, spent the day working from home and pooping explosively.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Teach me your ways master. I need to start using fuckitall sickdays. Last sick day was taken in 2003, spent the day working from home and pooping explosively.
use it like you would a regular sick day, except you're not sick. food poisoning is a good one

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
use it like you would a regular sick day, except you're not sick. food poisoning is a good one
I can't remember the last time I actually used a "sick" day for being sick. Probably a couple times I should have but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste time off being miserable at home. I suppose it depends on your work environment, but I don't even mention "sick" when I call in. It's usually something along the lines of "I need to take tomorrow off". Offer as little information as possible. They don't ask, and I'm not saying. I'm not even sure if legally anyone is allowed to ask. We do have a policy that if you take more than three days you need a doctors note, but I've never pushed it that far. I guess if push really came to shove, "food poisoning", "personal medical issue" or "family member is sick" would be the most I would say. Better not say "I've got a terminal case of fuckititis", "anal glaucoma", or "brown bottle flu".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can't remember the last time I actually used a "sick" day for being sick. Probably a couple times I should have but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste time off being miserable at home. I suppose it depends on your work environment, but I don't even mention "sick" when I call in. It's usually something along the lines of "I need to take tomorrow off". Offer as little information as possible. They don't ask, and I'm not saying. I'm not even sure if legally anyone is allowed to ask. We do have a policy that if you take more than three days you need a doctors note, but I've never pushed it that far. I guess if push really came to shove, "food poisoning", "personal medical issue" or "family member is sick" would be the most I would say. Better not say "I've got a terminal case of fuckititis", "anal glaucoma", or "brown bottle flu".
working a corporate job, i get all sorts of time off. just gotta scour the HR policy to know how to maximize it.