Quantcast

~~~Sunday GMT+++

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Up since 1am. Driving around fruit orchards monitoring air temperature. We are running wind machines to mix the cool almost freezing air with the warmer air and prevent the fruit buds from freezing. Looking forward to that sun coming up!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Up since 1am. Driving around fruit orchards monitoring air temperature. We are running wind machines to mix the cool almost freezing air with the warmer air and prevent the fruit buds from freezing. Looking forward to that sun coming up!
Reminds me of the valley. Orange trees in spring = serious business. No smudge pots?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Was in the 40s yesterday so got the yard mostly cleaned up. Today it's supposed to be sunny and 60s!!! Gonna clean up the grill, chill in the backyard with the family, and have a few brews . It's a tough life but someone has got to do it. :cool:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HELLO! So the WIFE is going for MTB this morning. Wish I could join her but I've got a swim clinic to attend (it's paid for). I've got easy run scheduled this afternoon. 70 degrees!!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
IAB's transition to tri-mode has coincided almost perfectly with Stoney's disappearance. Strange, that. Conservation of swim-energy within the RM system?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good swim clinic!! In four weeks since the first clinic, I've knocked 25 seconds off my 100 yard swim time. 2:20, in case you're wondering, which is still slow as hell.

Re: MTB, the wife took a major digger today. Blood flowing from her arm, bruise on her thigh, scraping on leg, arm, and shoulder. See, she should have gone for a run instead.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Why all the run/swim racing? Why not just do those things for enjoyment?

Oh, wait...

Went for an easy 10-mile mt bike ride yesterday. So in the last week:

Buffalo Creek ride Sunday
Deer Crik Monday
Chimpex Wednesday
Deer Crik Friday
Bear Crik Saturday

I think imma take today off.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Watched the WC this morning, ate some mac and cheese with elk sausage for breakfast and headed out to Buffalo Creek for a nice loop. Really good conditions, windy as balls.
20150412_105819 (2).jpg

:cheers:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
IAB's transition to tri-mode has coincided almost perfectly with Stoney's disappearance. Strange, that. Conservation of swim-energy within the RM system?
over valued stock market=overtime?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Perfect weather, perfect dirt today. Was absolutely killing it (not uphill), or at least my version of killing it. Sorry to say I did not take any lap times to quantify if I was killing it. I repeatedly found myself giggling like an idiot that just won a stuffed rabbit at a carnival. Not sure what chemicals my brain was releasing but if it came in a bottle, didn't cost a fortune or slowly kill me, I'd be sitting on my couch giggling like an idiot with a needle in my arm.

Nah, I'll just stick to having fun on the bike.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back from the grande road trip of 2015. I think somewhere around 3000 miles. Drank a lot of beer, soaked in the sun, drove, ate and hung out with me two boys. Biggest haul was leaving Miami yesterday at 8.30am and driving until 2.30am this morning making it almost to DC if it wasn't for the shit hole South Carolina. The part where 95 goes through really has nothing to offer except people who love to keep driving in their cars in the left lane even if the right lane is empty. Volvo is still going strong but either I need better balancing or new tires as there was more vibration from the tires than I had hoped for.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Perfect weather, perfect dirt today. Was absolutely killing it, or at least my version of killing it. Sorry to say I did not take any lap times to prove I was killing it. I repeatedly found myself giggling like an idiot that just won a stuffed rabbit at a carnival. Not sure what chemicals my brain was releasing but if it came in a bottle, didn't cost a fortune or slowly kill me. I'd be sitting on my couch giggling like an idiot with a needle in my arm.

Nah, I'll just stick to having fun on the bike.
I really need to come down and ride with you there much be so much amazing stuff to ride around there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I really need to come down and ride with you there much be so much amazing stuff to ride around there.
There are a couple of great spots here. Harrisonburg/George Washington NF area has endless miles of awesomeness.

Good swim clinic!! In four weeks since the first clinic, I've knocked 25 seconds off my 100 yard swim time. 2:20, in case you're wondering, which is still slow as hell.

Re: MTB, the wife took a major digger today. Blood flowing from her arm, bruise on her thigh, scraping on leg, arm, and shoulder. See, she should have gone for a run instead.
Give her my best wishes for healing and my congratulations for pushing it until she crashed.

I spent the day putting summer tires on two cars and doing yard work. I think air temperature got up into the mid 70s.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Give her my best wishes for healing and my congratulations for pushing it until she crashed.

I spent the day putting summer tires on two cars and doing yard work. I think air temperature got up into the mid 70s.
Certainly did get up near 70 - stripped 3 of 4 fenders off my Karate Monkey for a quick sprint on the Rec Path in Town. Was still snow covered though, maybe with monday's 15-25mph winds it will be a hard start to snow melt. :maninlove:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Today was my fourth consecutive ride this week.

Found evidence of root packing at the beginning of my local spot. Fucking hate trail sanitizers with a godamn mutherfucking passion !

And the parking lot break-ins have started again, despite the two bike cops patrolling the area.

Other than that it was a fine time in the woods.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Found evidence of root packing at the beginning of my local spot. Fucking hate trail sanitizers with a godamn mutherfucking passion !

And the parking lot break-ins have started again, despite the two bike cops patrolling the area.

Other that it was a fine time in the woods.
Root packing? As in, they are tossing dirt into the roots? At least they aren't hacking them out....

Who takes bike cops seriously? Park a cruiser there. That blows though!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Other that it was a fine time in the woods.
Root packers are better than root cutters.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Root packing? As in, they are tossing dirt into the roots? At least they aren't hacking them out....

Who takes bike cops seriously? Park a cruiser there. That blows though!
Yeah, someone likes to fill in the spaces between the roots to smooth it out. This time last year someone made a poorly hacked go around for some fairly innocuous roots in the same spot. I covered up their cut, but this year, they just brought in some dirt.

This has been happening a lot in this area over the past few years. Dirt roadies on 29rs who can't lift the front wheel off the ground feel compelled to alter the trail to suit their lack of skill. In some places they will go so far as to add concrete to smooth out and stabilize tiny rock gardens.

Keep dumbing down the trails so that everyone can ride, everyone gets a trophy.

But seeing this shit happen to the OG spot ain't gonna fly with us gnomes who maintain the place. If it keeps up, we'll just have to add way more difficult obstacles

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
These seem appropriate...think I'll just leave them here...

Not all 29r riders are douchebags. I know a handful who are actually very good technical riders. But I don't recall any of them whining about there being too many roots.

Unfortunately the 29r Horde and IMBA are working feverishly to pave a trail near you.

Last edited: