Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Caught a one day of flu yesterday. I think I got it from my son who had it last week. At least I had to drug up myself and take the kids to soccer and the 75 degree weather did magic. Hopefully I can squeeze in a bike ride today.

:rockout: Too many things going on. Need to start piling up my kit for the AZ trip, including finding a new hydration pack and stocking it with tools and spares. Need to get an insurance claim going. Need to do something about finding a new mountain bike. Need not to get all hyper about what is ordinary life.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yup: remember which shit matters, JBP, and which doesn't. 'tis a non-trivial problem.

First night home with new baby == tired me at work today, as the baby wanted more after nursing for nearly an hour, so I got to feed her with a tiny syringe of breastmilk. After that then my brain decided it'd be a good idea to think about research ideas for another hour or so... not great timing, brain, at 1 AM.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Glad to hear you are all home. For me getting the baby home almost felt more special than the birth and hospital where there is so much stuff going on.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
On Friday my doctor diagnosed me with severe bronchitis and it's not getting better. There's traces of blood in my luggies today... I think I will go to the clinic instead of waiting to see my doctor tomorrow. If I had to guess I would also say that I still have a fever. Eff this shit, the riding season has started!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:rockout: Too many things going on. Need to start piling up my kit for the AZ trip, including finding a new hydration pack and stocking it with tools and spares. Need to get an insurance claim going. Need to do something about finding a new mountain bike. Need not to get all hyper about what is ordinary life.
I cannot recommend Osprey hydration packs enough. I used to be a Camelback fanboi until I got an Osprey and I will never look back. Their fit, security, and bladder are all superior to the Camelbacks.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Wife and daughter just left for two weeks. I am digging out trenches for some new sprinklers in the yard. Pretty soon Mike from FATE Brewing Co will be arriving and there will be tacos and showing brewers how it is in Yakima. Any of you Rangers know this guy? Good beers?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wife and daughter just left for two weeks. I am digging out trenches for some new sprinklers in the yard. Pretty soon Mike from FATE Brewing Co will be arriving and there will be tacos and showing brewers how it is in Yakima. Any of you Rangers know this guy? Good beers?
Don't know Mike, but they're in Boulder and brew some good beers. Nice IPA, nice stout too.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
After that then my brain decided it'd be a good idea to think about research ideas for another hour or so... not great timing, brain, at 1 AM.
The upside of this + being in the hospital 7-5 today as well is that I wrote about 1800 words today based off of my sleepless thoughts last night. After grabbing a bit more data the next few days I should have enough material for another paper.

Insomnia ==> ~$1k/yr for the rest of my career, in other words. (Publication target of 20 to get the next rank, salary boost of $25k/yr for each academic rank. QED.)

Update: Make that closer to 2500 words upon revision and fleshing out (including gratuitous 3rd person references to my own prior published work--recall that reviewers are blinded so I can't just refer to it directly). :thumb:

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Old riding buddy was in town with a bunch of his friends from the Marines. Did a nice road century up on Skyline drive. Conditions were perfect. They were all strong riders, very stereotypical roadies, however they weren't very good at riding road bikes. The only people on the ride who knew how to hold a wheel were mountainbikers.

For the topic of the day, one of the Marines was a Super Cobra pilot.

I haven't done a ride over 40 miles in well over a year. I felt surprisingly good going the 100 miles.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm about 30 miles outside of Moab, feels good to finally get this trip underway. Looking forward to the next seven days of riding my face off.