Quantcast

::: Sunday GMT :::

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Somebody got white girl wasted yesterday and puked all over his woman's car on the drive home, then puked more and more and more. At least I avoided falling over in the porta john, though I forgot to zip up.

High five

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Somebody got white girl wasted yesterday and puked all over his woman's car on the drive home, then puked more and more and more. At least I avoided falling over in the porta john, though I forgot to zip up.

High five
did she hold your hair back while you were puking?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Going under contract for the new house build today. Any words of wisdom, dan-o? We have our list of concessions that we want, but ultimately we will sign it as is if it comes to that. Our buyer's agent is coming along, of course.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Howdy all. Going under contract for the new house build today. Any words of wisdom, dan-o? We have our list of concessions that we want, but ultimately we will sign it as is if it comes to that. Our buyer's agent is coming along, of course.
Tell your builder you want submittials and cut sheets on all materials, devices, appliances etc. All suppliers will provide them for free. This way you will know if everything g is being installed properly or if they are substituting for cheaper product

Have your builder and all his subcontractors list you as additionally insured on all their policies.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Words of wisdom: Dont spend 600K on a house. :D
I'm going to go ahead and disregard this piece of advice, however wise.
Tell your builder you want submittials and cut sheets on all materials, devices, appliances etc. All suppliers will provide them for free. This way you will know if everything g is being installed properly or if they are substituting for cheaper product

Have your builder and all his subcontractors list you as additionally insured on all their policies.
I'm planning on having an inspector (ours) come by at foundation, pre-drywall, pre-closing, and possibly another stage that I'm forgetting. I assume they'd be able to verify that materials are up to spec at this point.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
make sure the builder doesn't leave a room 10 feet short.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
<sigh>

Everybody always ignores the *really* important advice...
It'll be a nice house, the wife likes it, and it'll keep my commute short-ish so that I can see the kids.
living in aurora is not a option.
There are nice areas of Aurora, but only south, which would make my life unpleasant due to I-225 traffic.
make sure the builder doesn't leave a room 10 feet short.
There's a story associated with this?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There's a story associated with this?
the parents house in nashville was supposed to have had 10 feet added to the kitchen to accommodate a rather large table....well after the foundation was done and they start putting down the floor/putting up the walls my dad notices the problem...builder forgot.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Nice. What was the resolution? Cutting the table in half? :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Nice. What was the resolution? Cutting the table in half? :D
kind of set diagonally between the island and the fire place/bay window.

they also had problems with the builder who built the second house we lived in in virginia.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The air temp dipped below freezing last night so we were awake and running wind machines to bring the warmer air down into the orchards. Napped from 7 to 8:30. Now it's time to finish framing in the new window for the bathroom. The sooner I am done, the longer I can play on my bike later.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Swapped out bikes with a friends 29er Dentist ride. It is an impressive machine, I was not doubt faster. However, both parties agreed my old bike is significantly more fun, and isn't that the point to all of this shit?. 26" parts hoarding has officially begun. Bidding on a an Ebay fork and acquiring tires.

Swapped out bikes with a friends 29er Dentist ride. It is an impressive machine, I was not doubt faster. However, both parties agreed my old bike is significantly more fun, and isn't that the point to all of this shit?. 26" parts hoarding has officially begun. Bidding on a an Ebay fork and acquiring tires.
I may have some stuff for you - I tend to have a lot of spares around, and what with the missing Heckler...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Eastbound and down. Week in Moab has unfortunately come to an end. Did lots of great riding and shenanigans, feeling properly beat up after six rides in six days. This drive home is sucking so far, but it will be good to sleep in my own bed.