Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
nope, but beehive sure is an easy to get to favorite (although raiders remains my all time favorite trail in wilsons). today we poached beacon heights off the blue ridge pkwy and took it to yancey all the way into edgemont, where my buddy has a house (the trail literally dumps out 1/8 mile from his doorstep, and you can chill in wilson creek on the way there if you want).
yellowf*ckers were right near the end of yancey just before the final descent. friend was camped at the top of 21 jumps. his wife shuttled us to the top. over the course of the ride only 1000' climbing and 4000' descending.
I'd love to ride Yancey again. Back in the 90's I used to ride up there quite a bit. Back then the trail hadn't been published and got little traffic. You would never come across another person. I rode big Yancey a couple of times solo which was just plain erie. All those ruts that were shoulder deep and ridiculously steep were so much fun even on xc hardtails with no chance of dropping the saddle.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
AC couldn't even remotely keep up yesterday, noting that it was 97 outside. Kids rooms were up to 84 degrees, and downstairs was up to 76 even when set at 67... A HVAC service guy is coming on Monday to check it out. I made a deal with the landlord that if the system is working as designed (but just sucks by design) then I'll pay the service fee.
Don't <ahem> sweat it, doc...once you have a decent house things should be fine. We have yet to turn on AC this year.

Been warm a couple afternoons but nothing a few G&Ts wouldnt take care of on the back porch.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We have yet to turn on AC this year.
Meanwhile in the first week of August we ran the AC for something like 108.5 out of 168 possible hours in that week... I know it'll be better in the new house, but perhaps we'll be adding a second "zone" via a ductless mini-split system down the road.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Kicked ass. Well recommended!
Awesome. I ate a delicious pizza there once and hope to return again.

edit... Actually I ate it on a bench outside a strip club and shared it with a skater dude who was rallying by but was distracted by the pie in my lap.

Last edited: