Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hike today with the little ones: Mount Falcon Castle Tower.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
coffee in hand I took the dogs for a morning romp around the show grounds. It is really quiet at dawn, horses are sacked out, workers haven't shown up yet. I am the only human around with the exception of a guy in a tractor working a field on the other side of the road.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning ride with other NEMBA guides was nice, drizzle / fog made roots and rocks even moar fun than usual and Strava racers stayed at home.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Kids woke me up to go riding. I said they had to wait 2 hours and now they are back. I need 2 more hours. Another day of being the entertainment. I suspect today's ride will involve an awful lot climbing. I hope they are ready for it....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's a beautiful day outside, but I opted to do some (much needed) work to my bike. I just accomplished the most terrifying job of my home mechanic carreer: I had to change the bolt that tightens the bearing preload collar on my King hub because the current one was stripped. I wound up having to dremmel the lockring surrounding the bolt off. Dremelling so close to a $500 piece of bike bling is nerve racking. But it came off easier than I thought, and no nicks on the hub body itself! success! now my bearing are nice and tight again. sweet.

I guess I'll ride in the mornings next week while my son is in half-day daycamp. I can deal with that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
From the east lot or from up top?
Went from the lot up top--that's where our directions had us go. They also had us take Castle Trail -> Meadow -> Tower -> Meadow -> Walker house ruins -> Castle back to car. It said it was stroller friendly--big nope there. We made it through but there was Bob + car seat portaging going on near that fire tower on Tower Trail...

Seemed like everyone had at least one dog with them. Parking lot + roads near there ended up packed later in the day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had an excellent ride today.

I ate almost a quart of blueberries on the way to the trail, followed by a nice apple and then a very ripe banana; oh and cannot forget the coffee. I think something is beginning to rumble down below.

Also saw another guy out on the trail with a Spitfire. First one that I've seen around here besides my own. Cool beans.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Glad I took some lights with me on this evening's ride. Wound up being out in the woods for almost three hours. Lots of interesting things to see at night in the summer, unlike winter night riding. Saw a ton of frogs hopping around. Felt one hit my foot and heard a few crunch sounds. Ooops... Had to bush whack a bit to put some distance between me and a copperhead. He was probably warming up getting ready to stuff himself on the abundance of frogs. And as always, plenty of deer sightings.