Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning! Today I woke up to a painful right knee due to yesterday's poorly executed ride in slUsha snow, bending my knee to put pants on is difficult so... Sunday becomes no pants day.

In other news, my Secret Santa lives near Whiskey Creek, not Whiskey River. Willie Nelson is probably not my Secret Santa.

Breakfast today was shredded wheat and blue berries.

I pooped, drank coffee and have nothing to do until tonight's last Christmas party of the year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I look like a bum with my untrimmed beard and hair that is getting too long. I also have some things that I should do today.

Nope, screw priorities. Going riding.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my older brothers youngest evidently wrote to santa.....a response came in the mail.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Frau and I went on local shops Xmas light ride last night...she was a trooper the whole way. Had to leave before too much hipster beer was consumed, which is a good thing.

Eggs, bacon, potatoes and fresh salsa then on to some Xmas shopping with the gromms.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I dropped the wife, both kids, and MIL off at DIA this morning. This is how much crap two women and two wee women-ettes need to travel to the MIL's house, apparently:

The TSA lines were immense at the airport. I'd take a photo but I think they frown upon that at security checkpoints. Thankfully Jessica and I have a 3 month free trial for Clear and the MIL has TSA Pre-Check. Between those two things they got through the crazy line pretty quickly and should be landing any time now.

I used my newfound bachelor status (until Wednesday--closing on Tuesday demands my physical presence) to wash the cars, of course.

Unfortunately, contrary to Westy's assertion the damage I did to the Land Cruiser's hood did not just buff right out. I am an idiot officially. What I tried was Scratch-X + dual-action polisher followed by clay bar with water + dual-action polisher after that for pseudo-wet sanding action; Ultimate Polish; then wax. The paint that's not scratched now looks great, at least...

Before

After looks fine from a distance

After up close doesn't look so hot

Shiny sides

After spending all that elbow grease shining up the Land Cruiser I thought it deserved a respite from the slushy street, so I crammed both it and the RAV4 EV into the tiny rental house garage:

I sure hope the new garage is substantially bigger. (It has the 0.5 extra bit and I think the garage door itself is wider, too. This one just seems cruel and unusual.)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I sure hope the new garage is substantially bigger. (It has the 0.5 extra bit and I think the garage door itself is wider, too. This one just seems cruel and unusual.)
That is the reason a 3 car garage is the minimum standard for new construction, around here its usually an extra wide double and an adjacent single. Houses with singles and small doubles sell for substantially less even when all other amenities are equal. Hopefully your lot allows for future mansion expansion.

Consumed breakfast, covered about half of the holly, rode and scoped out new trail section with @Bunnista. Conditions were odd - light coating of wet snow over leaves, which tended to build up between rear wheel and frame, freeze solid and lock up the wheel. Also had a big ice buildup on one of my falts, which I have not experienced before.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Chilly morning here, plenty of ice on trails. Bacon has been consumed, coffee drunk, on to the pre-Xmas chores.

Must spread rep. I am drooling at that terrain, please do share!

Another snow ride is in the books. Some people on fat bikes did a nice job compacting the snow on the mellow trails. It was all fresh powder and completely unridden/hiked on the steep stuff. So awesome, but a little butt puckering at the same time.

I think today marks the first time this year that I fell off the bike. And I do literally mean that I fell off. I was slowly creeping up a hill and lost traction. Did one or two wobbles trying to get my foot out of the pedal, but nope, down I went. It was also a bench cut section, so I slid in the snow quite a way. Had a good laugh there. :rofl:

Here is my obligatory bike shot of the day. Went down this trail instead of up, for the first time. Interesting, to say the least. Will have to repeat in the summer so I can actually see where I'm going.

I want a bong shed here...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It was shocking how small our garage got when we moved in the wifes new car. If I ever have to replace the wrangler with anything larger I don't know where I'd put the motorcycle. :disgust1:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
That is the reason a 3 car garage is the minimum standard for new construction, around here its usually an extra wide double and an adjacent single. Houses with singles and small doubles sell for substantially less even when all other amenities are equal. Hopefully your lot allows for future mansion expansion.
I really wanted a 3 car garage but when building new in my (expensive land) neighborhood the only builders who offered that option would have come in at $200k+ more than what I'm laying down.

The new house has a 2.5 car garage, see dotted line on this plan:

The garage door is a standard 16 x 8' size (dashed line). If it comes down to it I could have the garage door orifice widened, as it were, and pop in a 20 foot wide door. That'd solve it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Must spread rep. I am drooling at that terrain, please do share!
Thank you! You want to see moar pictures, or the location of this trail? It is one of the legit unofficial trails here - if you are not forced to hike a bike a couple of times in your first ride, it ain't good enough. :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I really wanted a 3 car garage but when building new in my (expensive land) neighborhood the only builders who offered that option would have come in at $200k+ more than what I'm laying down.

The new house has a 2.5 car garage, see dotted line on this plan:

The garage door is a standard 16 x 8' size (dashed line). If it comes down to it I could have the garage door orifice widened, as it were, and pop in a 20 foot wide door. That'd solve it.
The last house I lived in was a rental and had a similar garage, I was able to line both sides with gorilla racks and still have room for a Subaru Outback and a Honda Accord. I currently have no garage so any covered parking seems like luxury.

My parents recently purchased in Richland WA, their development has wide shallow lots and every home has a 3 car garage with space for a boat or RV. Tiny back yards though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thank you! You want to see moar pictures, or the location of this trail? It is one of the legit unofficial trails here - if you are not forced to hike a bike a couple of times in your first ride, it ain't good enough. :D
MOAR pics. I probably won't be in your area any time soon, but it could be one to put on the list of places to ride (which is everywhere). :brows:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Apple pancakes with roasted walnuts and apple sauce for breakfast. Pooped two times. Rode Warrior Creek with DirtyGirl and she crushed my slow ass. Polo Fundido at the local Gringo Mexican joint.

Just what I needed.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My parents recently purchased in Richland WA, their development has wide shallow lots and every home has a 3 car garage with space for a boat or RV. Tiny back yards though.
Oh man what possessed them to head for Richland? The tidy whitey, we love conservative Christian values vibe? Or was it the nuclear energy/bomb vibe?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Apple pancakes with roasted walnuts and apple sauce for breakfast. Pooped two times. Rode Warrior Creek with DirtyGirl and she crushed my slow ass. Polo Fundido at the local Gringo Mexican joint.

Just what I needed.
warrior...flowler coaster. shoulda hit dark too! good times tho in sunny 55* temps. need to get you two out to the real WC soon!

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I just got back from a 10 PM showing of The Martian. I dug it.

Ah, the things one can do/the schedule one can hold when the rest of the family is away!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rode old trails that connect to new trails I hadn't seen before. It was awesome. so awesome I overdid it. legs started cramping up towards the end, so much so I couldn't even walk up the hills... I was thinking we'd be out for 1.5 hours, but we were out for 2hrs 45 minutes. it was smooth single track, frozen solid, no snow. nice gradual ups with nice fast DH sections. 23°F is perfect winter riding temperature. The only slippery sections were where the leaves were sort of frozen to the ground but would break loose. Made some of the hard off-camber sections tricky, but otherwise, stellar conditions.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
After spending all that elbow grease shining up the Land Cruiser I thought it deserved a respite from the slushy street, so I crammed both it and the RAV4 EV into the tiny rental house garage:

Sweet crap man. Have you tried backing the LC in?

Yep. I refuse to move unless I'm getting a 3-car garage. It's a non-starter otherwise.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
The closeness is exaggerated: I inched the RAV4 EV over as close as I could to maximize driver's door clearance from the metal rack and fridge that live along that wall. The door is 16' width, same as will be in the new house. The difference will be that there won't be anything near the cars... and if it sucks then next fall I'll hire a contractor to widen the door to 20'.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The closeness is exaggerated: I inched the RAV4 EV over as close as I could to maximize driver's door clearance from the metal rack and fridge that live along that wall. The door is 16' width, same as will be in the new house. The difference will be that there won't be anything near the cars... and if it sucks then next fall I'll hire a contractor to widen the door to 20'.
Personally would have gone with to start with.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Neither a 3 car garage nor a wider door on this 2.5 car garage was an option with my builder, else I would have checked that box without a question.