Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm not back to work until the 5th, I'm going to let the excitement build slowly over the next 10 days. I had planned on riding a lot but it turns out I'm a pussy when it's less than 20 out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One of my buddies just called me up and asked where we're going riding today. I had pretty much given up on him riding, so today is a go (was planning on relaxing all day)! This will be his second ride of the year. Oh yeah, its been raining since yesterday and hovering around freezing. This should be fun to watch. :rofl:

Now to decide on which trails to do. Due to my broken bike situation, we're forced to ride the DH bikes. Do we go for a small hike or leg killing hike in the big hills....

But before that happens, I need to poop and drink some coffee.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY! I tagged along with the wife on her 45 minute RUN this morning. Pretty crappy weather today (40's, fog, rain). Looking forward to sitting in front of the TV all day watching football.

10 hours of sleep last night. If there is one thing I do well in life, it's sleep.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I return to bachelor-life in Denver today. I am looking forward to it: IMAX Star Wars ticket booked for Monday evening already, for instance.

I really loathe the mother in law's house even if I like the people in it individually. So uncomfortable in terms of heat/humidity/sleeping arrangement/odd smells from space heaters, etc.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
More snow last night, I hope it sticks around for another 5 weeks, until I get my cast off at least.

Trailz building on the brain, been staring at topo maps way too long...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Success. Trails were ridden, fire roads were hiked, ice covered roots were slipped on, beer was drank drunk and left over turkey dinner was consumed.

It was magical in the forest today. I guess it rained over night and froze, so ALL of the trees were covered in this thin layer of ice. The sun bouncing around the forest on the ice was something else; one of those moments where you just have to stop and stare off into the distance for a while and take it all in.

As good as the ride was, we didn't get to do the trail we had planned to do last, due to someone out in the forest suddenly emptying their shotgun. We couldn't see them, but they were very close.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
After a lot of days off the bike with a lingering cold I finally got back on the bike. We had a lot of rain overnight but it was mild and I road sandy trails in Long Island and they were in great shape.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode in shorts and short sleeves again. Sweated my ass off sliding around in the mud and leaves. Feels like Spring, did I hit my head and slip into a coma ? How much time have I missed, and where are my underwear ?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hope it was better than the movie. saw it today. i give it a big "meh." around the time they got to the cafe scene my 10yo began whispering "they're just copying 4," which continued throughout the rest of the film.

in other news, gin & tonics. and still rainy and 70s...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode in shorts and short sleeves again. Sweated my ass off sliding around in the mud and leaves. Feels like Spring, did I hit my head and slip into a coma ? How much time have I missed, and where are my underwear ?
Nice I was totally overdressed too but rather warm than cold I'll take that any day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Actual sun with the warm weather today. Trails will be swampy for a while so turned in a chill 25 miles on the road bike. Worked on the Volvo 142. Sorting out a bunch of little problems, it is turning into a fun little go cart. Not much low end grunt but has some peaky power around 5000 rpm. Pretty fun in a 2400 lb car without going to jail.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Replaced failed front brake line with an el-cheapo Jagwire kit. It was a problematic, frustrating procedure. Bike can do stoppies again but I don't think I can trust the effing banjo/caliper o-ring, yet.

In other news:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am now back in Denver. Flying coach remains a loathsome experience.

Wife and kids (and father in law) come in on Friday. My task from now until then is to work 8 am-5 pm first off, see Star Wars again tomorrow, resume practicing trumpet since I have rehearsals starting up again in a week and a few days, and move as much crap as is possible from the rental house to the new house.

It will be busy.