Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Shabu shabu is delicious. The only downside is that two hour dinner leads to late and restless bedtime for the kids. I still chalk it up as an overall win because I ingested much Wagyu beef.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sick kids is vomiting all over the place. He's in good spirits otherwise, so it's very deceptive. I hope I still get to ride tomorrow!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I'm in Canaderp bitches!

Someone tell me what to do in Montreal (it's flatter and hotter here than I imagined). I've got to kill time till 6am tomorrow.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I wish! No bike. No vehicle. Just rolling into my hotel room now. I'm here for work with the boss :think:

Recommendations on a brewery or somewhere to spend an evening would be appreciated though.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Not raining but 30 MPH winds so taking the hardtail on a road ride to the trail, if trail looks passable then a short loop. I need to test my gopro and chesty so if there is a curb I'm going to huck it.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wish! No bike. No vehicle. Just rolling into my hotel room now. I'm here for work with the boss :think:

Recommendations on a brewery or somewhere to spend an evening would be appreciated though.
No clue then. @jdcamb can probably help. Lots of cool little spots in the old part of town. Look for bixie bike rentals around town.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I duathloned:
3.1 mile run: 6:33 pace
15.8 mile bike: 19.0 mph (1050' elevation gain...hilly!)
3.3 mile run: 6:46 pace

28/288 overall, 4/27 age group. I had a good race, but I could have gone harder on the bike. I'm working on it. My legs felt way too good on run 2, which tells me I didn't bike hard enough. Half Ironman in five weeks.

That start of run 2:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm in Canaderp bitches!

Someone tell me what to do in Montreal (it's flatter and hotter here than I imagined). I've got to kill time till 6am tomorrow.
1.) Shwartz's Deli on the Plateau, for Smoked meat sandwiches and Poutine and the Pickles are insanely good.
2.) Any place with a Chinatown requires me to go there. Qing Hua for Soup Dumplings. Just go there and you will understand. I fucking love real Soup Dumplings.
3.) The Hookers on St Catherine will sell you 1/2 grams of black hash for $ US20. Smell it before you buy. Never buy off the pimps, they will rip you off. Never pay the pimps for the services of a girl, always the girl. Never take them back to your room. All transaction take place in the Street regardless of how many cops are standing around. Never pull your wallet out for a transaction. Bartering is customary no matter how much they complain. Walk away if they get to aggressive. Cops will beat your ass and steal your money if you get lippy with them. Everyone speaks English even if they hate Anglos....
4.) While on the Plateau, Pizzeria Magpie. I think you need reservations if it is still open. Sit at the bar. The women will talk to you. Pretend like your shy, lost, and rich Montreal girls like that.

Remember. If you can't get laid in Montreal. Odds are you can't get laid. Overall assessment Montreal Women are pretty slutty but worth the risk. Cab Drivers will steer you to places on St Catherine. Be wary of them and the Police. Never ask directions from a cop. You are bait for them....

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
1.) Shwartz's Deli on the Plateau, for Smoked meat sandwiches and Poutine and the Pickles are insanely good.
2.) Any place with a Chinatown requires me to go there. Qing Hua for Soup Dumplings. Just go there and you will understand. I fucking love real Soup Dumplings.
3.) The Hookers on St Catherine will sell you 1/2 grams of black hash for $ US20. Smell it before you buy. Never by off the pimps, they will rip you off. Never pay the pimps for the services of a girl, always the girl. Never take them back to your room. All transaction take place in the Street regardless of how many cops are standing around. Cops will beat your ass and steal your money if you get lippy with them. Everyone speaks English even if they hate Anglos....
4.) While on the Plateau, Pizzeria Magpie. I think you need reservations if it is still open. Sit at the bar. The women will talk to you. Pretend like your shy, lost, and rich Montreal girls like that.

Remember. If you can't get laid in Montreal. Odds are you can't get laid. Overall assessment Montreal Women are pretty slutty but worth the risk. Cab Drivers will steer you to places on St Catherine. Be wary of them and the Police. Never ask directions from a cop. You are bait for them....
No mention of late night shawarma place? Or was that Ottawa...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
1.) Remember. If you can't get laid in Montreal. Odds are you can't get laid. Overall assessment Montreal Women are pretty slutty but worth the risk. Cab Drivers will steer you to places on St Catherine. Be wary of them and the Police. Never ask directions from a cop. You are bait for them....
Slutty? Seriously there has to be a better term... I'm beginning to understand your karma.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

My first gopro video, the upper drainage was pretty decent but finding pockets of mud on this short trail is a good indication of whats lying ahead. Clay mud is not my favorite and a complete bitch to clean. The wind you hear is a 30MPH tailwind with gust to 45MPH. I had tailwind for 8 or 9 miles from town which translates into a headwind all the way home. Quite a workout at 30PSI...

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Re Montreal: smoked meats?

Edit: I see jdcamb has that covered.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I believe the term you're looking for is "chaudes"... I should know, I married one!

I second Schwartz on St Laurent. It's one of the best things you'll ever put in your mouth. Get a single plate of the medium brisket.

I never really went out in Montreal so I can't help you there, but there should be plenty going on all over the place. It's known for its night life, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

As for me, got home from Montreal (at my in laws) this afternoon. Took the kids to the splash pad, prepped dinner, cleaned my bike, installed the slaughter on the rear wheel. Hope to try it out tomorrow... I like the looks of it better than the rock razor.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode around for an hour with the 6yo. trying to encourage him to be a ripper. we'll see. since there was nothing major or away from home in the works, started teh beers before lunch.

might start work on re-ghetto tublessing two new tires tonight. will just re-tape and re-valve and save the loud compressor work for tomorrow.

most of my gear is in my car, which is still in the shop, so no real riding this wknd. didn't hear from the shop all week and have been enjoying the loaner q50. it's quite nice. last i heard they were looking into whether the engine replacement could be warrantied. sure i missed my service intervals, but the oil light also never came on...I guess i'd be willing to split the bill 50/50...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
rode around for an hour with the 6yo. trying to encourage him to be a ripper. we'll see. since there was nothing major or away from home in the works, started teh beers before lunch.

might start work on re-ghetto tublessing two new tires tonight. will just re-tape and re-valve and save the loud compressor work for tomorrow.

most of my gear is in my car, which is still in the shop, so no real riding this wknd. didn't hear from the shop all week and have been enjoying the loaner q50. it's quite nice. last i heard they were looking into whether the engine replacement could be warrantied. sure i missed my service intervals, but the oil light also never came on...I guess i'd be willing to split the bill 50/50...
What happened to it?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh good to be home after 3 days of EMT standby where the only thing I did was check out the boss lady after she felt dizzy. Turns out she took too much of a dose of her diabetes oral med and bottomed her sugar levels. Almost a grand in my pocket, three days well spent.

Got home to happy barking doggies. Put all three on leashes and enjoyed seeing the rescue puppy fit right in on his first walk with the big dogs. He is turning out to be very smart and is rapidily adjusting to his new home and is trusting us. WIN

his Bros