Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
errr...engine seized? wouldn't rev above 2500 rpm; bucked violently below that.

A seized engine doesn't rotate at all. By how much did you miss your intervals. A thousand miles late here or there or I forgot to change my oil for 30,000. If it is the later get out the checkbook.

However, bucking is more symptomatic of an ignition/fuel problem.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Checked out the Woodrun trail system in Uwharrie. The climbs were not nearly as difficult as they're made out to be. Most of the place is rocky which lets the trail drain very well. While most stuff in NC is a slop fest, this place is perfect.

Some of the trail was double track, or wide, machine cut, bob-sled run, IMBA clones, which as expected was predictable and boring. But then there were some fun rocky sections and some tight twisties that made up for it.

Definitely worth a trip back when the rest of the trails are red clay soup or have chains across them.

... bucking is more symptomatic of an ignition/fuel problem.
Or of having mistakenly taken the horse instead of the car.

Having been rained out in Hesston, rode Sourland Mountain Preserve in Hillsborough Township, NJ yesterday. Not a whole lot of trail and a lot of weekend hikers, but what a rock garden and boulder playground in its upper reaches! Recommended.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
1.) Shwartz's Deli on the Plateau, for Smoked meat sandwiches and Poutine and the Pickles are insanely good.
2.) Any place with a Chinatown requires me to go there. Qing Hua for Soup Dumplings. Just go there and you will understand. I fucking love real Soup Dumplings.
3.) The Hookers on St Catherine will sell you 1/2 grams of black hash for $ US20. Smell it before you buy. Never buy off the pimps, they will rip you off. Never pay the pimps for the services of a girl, always the girl. Never take them back to your room. All transaction take place in the Street regardless of how many cops are standing around. Never pull your wallet out for a transaction. Bartering is customary no matter how much they complain. Walk away if they get to aggressive. Cops will beat your ass and steal your money if you get lippy with them. Everyone speaks English even if they hate Anglos....
4.) While on the Plateau, Pizzeria Magpie. I think you need reservations if it is still open. Sit at the bar. The women will talk to you. Pretend like your shy, lost, and rich Montreal girls like that.

Remember. If you can't get laid in Montreal. Odds are you can't get laid. Overall assessment Montreal Women are pretty slutty but worth the risk. Cab Drivers will steer you to places on St Catherine. Be wary of them and the Police. Never ask directions from a cop. You are bait for them....
Well shit, I wish I saw this before deciding to take it easy. I took a walk down by the water and then cried and drank my way through the Warriors Game at the hotel bar. Next time.

Now I'm in Labrador City, quite possible as middle of nowhere as I've ever been.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well shit, I wish I saw this before deciding to take it easy. I took a walk down by the water and then cried and drank my way through the Warriors Game at the hotel bar. Next time.

Now I'm in Labrador City, quite possible as middle of nowhere as I've ever been.
What in the wha are you doing in Labrador city?! Isn't that pretty much an industry town? Working on the dam?!

Oh and it looks like Eric has the dongshed on lock down...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
What in the wha are you doing in Labrador city?! Isn't that pretty much an industry town? Working on the dam?!

Oh and it looks like Eric has the dongshed on lock down...
Yup, just a big mining operation. Trying to get work with IOC helping them update their tailings pipeline. It seems to have been designed by goons a long time ago.

I'm here till Friday. Good thing I like the woods. I plan on running and hiking every day after work.