Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I slept pretty well last night and am now having a breakfast of 1 banana, 1 pint of strawberries, 8 Oz of yogurt and a 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal. My legs feel better than expected after yesterday's ride so I am planning on a 15 mile road ride at a relaxed pace.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dumped rain last night. cloudy and thunderstorms this afternoon. was hoping to get a in ride but not looking good. coffee now...t-minus 15 until ft. bill streams...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
10 hours of sleep last night, which is good since I have a ton of studies to read in the hospital today. The things I do to keep a roof over my family's head.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
10 hours hanging folks from trees. Beach weather was lovely.

Cops showed up at just the right time. A female friend I hadn't seen in years was grinning and giggling as she was pulled up by another girl in a pony-girl fetish outfit. The cops took a few pics and then moved on to the next call.

I spent all day tying knots and pulling ropes in the sun. I slept hard last night. It was good.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Calling for chance of thunderstorms at 2pm around here, but looks like it will for sure rain.

To ride and risk it or to not ride...Nothing planned for the day other than to cook dinner and watch the World Cup race.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
10 hours hanging folks from trees. Beach weather was lovely.

Cops showed up at just the right time. A female friend I hadn't seen in years was grinning and giggling as she was pulled up by another girl in a pony-girl fetish outfit. The cops took a few pics and then moved on to the next call.

I spent all day tying knots and pulling ropes in the sun. I slept hard last night. It was good.
Pics of the two ladies perchance?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gonna be a hot one. Was going to ride today. Not deterred by the heat but by lane closures preventing easy travel to all points north or east.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Opted for a short local ride because of the weather. Turned out to be a good decision, the sun came out just as I hit the trails and then at the furthest spot in the forest the thunder started. Didn't really rain and the storm was pretty far, but I've been caught out in bad storms before and would rather not do that again.

Of note from today's ride, about 100 feet down the first trail I rode straight through a swarm of dragonflys. I might have screamed a little. :D

Today's trail spot was also the same spot that I got clotheslined in the neck on Thursday by the rope. I went and checked out that spot again and yep, ropes are still hanging where I left them cut. Sure looks like the conservation officers went and took a hard look at the spot. And now that I went during the day, I found a third rope, which thankfully was already cut. :rolleyes::twitch:

On a more serious note, I haven't pooped since Friday. I'm a little concerned.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Today's trail spot was also the same spot that I got clotheslined in the neck on Thursday by the rope. I went and checked out that spot again and yep, ropes are still hanging where I left them cut. Sure looks like the conservation officers went and took a hard look at the spot. And now that I went during the day, I found a third rope, which thankfully was already cut. :rolleyes::twitch:

On a more serious note, I haven't pooped since Friday. I'm a little concerned.
Did you put up a crittercam?

I haven't pooped since about 10 AM myself. I am unconcerned.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I've never worked with them or even seen them listed so have no idea other than I think it's a good idea.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. Focking rain. Today was BikeMS. I signed up for the 100 mile ride, but the century ride was cancelled due to thunderstorm warnings. So, I did the 50 mile route, then headed back out and did the 25 mile route. Poured like a motherfucker the first 50 miles, then warmed up and didn't rain for the last 25 miles. My poor tri bike is filthy. :( Fancy schmancy cupcakes and bbq at the finish line, so I scarfed a bunch of that down, then got home and ran 5 miles in a downpour. I've had a good day. Now I am tired and sleepy.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Fvk all the options.
I'd like one flight please.
Click here for $800 flight.
Click.
Pop up says $100 off if I go one day later. Nice but not going to work.
Next.
Do you want to check bags for your fortnight in Europe? Yes. Add $100. Or click on Flight+ option to get food and baggage included in purchase price. Save $70 over purchasing separately.
Fine.
So you wanted the 12 hour layover in Germany? No. Okay, 3 hour layover in Sweden adds $100. Fine. Want a flight that leaves at a decent hour $100 more. Okay.
Next.
Are you a member? You get rewards points.
No thanks.
Would you like a hotel?
No.
For $12 you get insurance.
Small price to pay.
Here's a window for you confirm that you looked at this window, but you can just close it, or minimize it, or whatever, we just planted a tracking virus in your computer. No extra charge.
Srsly?
Would you like to confirm? Shit. I put in the wrong dates. That will be a $50 pre booking cancelation fee even though you haven't completed the transaction. You used $50 of electricity and server process costs.
Here's our legal disclaimer for all the fuel and airport taxes included in the price. Nobody uses this information, but we are required to tell you.

Uuuuuuuuuuu

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fvk all the options.
I'd like one flight please.
Click here for $800 flight.
Click.
Pop up says $100 off if I go one day later. Nice but not going to work.
Next.
Do you want to check bags for your fortnight in Europe? Yes. Add $100. Or click on Flight+ option to get food and baggage included in purchase price. Save $70 over purchasing separately.
Fine.
So you wanted the 12 hour layover in Germany? No. Okay, 3 hour layover in Sweden adds $100. Fine. Want a flight that leaves at a decent hour $100 more. Okay.
Next.
Are you a member? You get rewards points.
No thanks.
Would you like a hotel?
No.
For $12 you get insurance.
Small price to pay.
Here's a window for you confirm that you looked at this window, but you can just close it, or minimize it, or whatever, we just planted a tracking virus in your computer. No extra charge.
Srsly?
Would you like to confirm? Shit. I put in the wrong dates. That will be a $50 pre booking cancelation fee even though you haven't completed the transaction. You used $50 of electricity and server process costs.
Here's our legal disclaimer for all the fuel and airport taxes included in the price. Nobody uses this information, but we are required to tell you.

Uuuuuuuuuuu

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@jstuhlman I almost forgot man, double unicorn sighting today on the way back from the trails! First up was an E63 AMG wagon and then a few minutes later was a CTS-V wagon.

Almost had a cargasm!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
20 miles at ~10000ft either side of Kenosha Pass, out to the wilderness on the east then to the west. First time I've come back down the rooty goodness on the west-side of 285, damn that was fun.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Short ride number 2 also success but the strava in me was disappoint. I had the exact same time on new XTC as I did on the old XTC even though the new bike has a fork with usable travel, super duper flats and new shorter stem... :think: it felt faster and smoother though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Thousands of baby spiders drifting though the air on silk sails. Little bastards are landing everywhere, brushed at least twenty of the off of me in the last ten minutes

dhgirlie's head would have exploded.