Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Got an espresso maker yesterday. Probably stick to the aeropress on work days but I sure am excited about my upcoming weekend coffee. Wife worked in a coffee shop in college, I need to have her teach me how to properly foam milk. :weee:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Way too cool, I was sitting in thecamper at 9:30 pm there is just a faint bit of light left in the sky and the stars are out and I hear this weird noise, its animal but its similar to the noise a refigeration fan makes when the blade is scraping something. I stepped outside, there are 5-6 distinct sound sources. Then I see them, white outlines maybe 75-100 feet above me. Its the barn owls that live in the palm trees on the horse show property and its not 5-6 its more like a dozen all circling about heading out to hunt calling to each other.

one of the nests

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sllllooowwwww morning. shitty night of sleep. couldn't turn teh brain off. should have just got up and made lists of things to do that i was thinking about. worst part was i tried to go to bed early.

not sure what will go down today. hopefully something involving bikes or trailwork.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It was a spectacular trip right up to the moment it went bad....

The Frau's front tire washed out and she crashed hard. There were Poliezi, a ride to the Krankenhaus in der Krankenwagen, xrays, and a trip to the Gipszimmer...

Verdammte Scheiß

:(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That sucks, N8's-missus.

I rode Mountain Lion with Adventurous, Stoney, and Stoney's fast climbing friend. Fun trail, that. My heart rate tracings show the highest sustained rate on the downhill, amusingly enough.

Update: I wasn't kidding:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That sucks, N8's-missus.

I rode Mountain Lion with Adventurous, Stoney, and Stoney's fast climbing friend. Fun trail, that. My heart rate tracings show the highest sustained rate on the downhill, amusingly enough.
I love that trail - so fast, so technical.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That sucks, N8's-missus.

Ran into Adventurous on his way down Belcher, wife and I were doing our first ride from the new house, 32 miles and 5150 climbing by the time we got back home. Great to now start with a 1500ft descent, makes a tough finish when you've got a 1500ft climb to end though :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
More DH today. Bike felt like a bag of bricks at first, but then I fiddled with my knobs and all was well after. Had an @mykel sighting just as he was leaving.

Great day.

Man does it ever have to rain here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Almost forgot, I cracked my frame today. Rear triangle lost a battle with a rock at speed. Not critical, but I will be getting it dealt with when I get home from Monarch next week.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode hard today. At one point I became separated from my bike and met a tree on a poorly built birm. Took a half hour break before I could muster the courage to bend back my finger into the proper orientation. Additional self surgery has been largely unsuccessful. Huge chunk of Hashish did not have the pain relieving effects as I had hoped. Kind of feeling throbby right now.... Fuckity Fuck...

Rode hard today. At one point I became separated from my bike and met a tree on a poorly built birm. Took a half hour break before I could muster the courage to bend back my finger into the proper orientation. Additional self surgery has been largely unsuccessful. Huge chunk of Hashish did not have the pain relieving effects as I had hoped. Kind of feeling throbby right now.... Fuckity Fuck...
Heal up, bro!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It was a spectacular trip right up to the moment it went bad....

The Frau's front tire washed out and she crashed hard. There were Poliezi, a ride to the Krankenhaus in der Krankenwagen, xrays, and a trip to the Gipszimmer...

Verdammte Scheiß
Sorry to hear! I am impressed though that the Krankenhaus has a dedicated Gipszimmer. Did the bikes get a ride in dem Krankenwagen, too?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Had another great day riding the dusty bump we call Blue Mountain.
Just as we were pulling out, I saw a praple Turner propped against a tree, so yelled at @canadmos "I see a Turner" to which I got the reply "and a Knolly" :busted: - Hopefully next time, we will get to have that beer.

So good sir, how did you enjoy your day of eating dust and riding on marbles? :D
The man speaks truth, this place so needs a good soaking over a couple of days, and a visit by the trail fairies.
We've been riding late August style deep dust (Clay over Shale ) and braking bump conditions since mid June.

My hands are beat, but I did get my drift on. :dance:

....oh and btw - the Michelin Wild Rock'R2 Advanced have side knobs that absolutely RULE :rockout:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Damn, some banged up monkeys...

Rode some dirt road and a some slippery roots in the woods. Even though it has cooled down to the mid 80s it's still like a sauna with all the rain we've had. I stop to cool off a bit, no sense in making my brain boil.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Sorry to hear! I am impressed though that the Krankenhaus has a dedicated Gipszimmer. Did the bikes get a ride in dem Krankenwagen, too?
Seems broken bones are popular in the Alpine areas of Austria.

The bikes and I got a ride in back of the Poliezi van back to our car. Yeah, I can check that bucket list item off now.

Got back to Stuttgart about 5pm and spent 4 hrs in the ER at Robert Bosch Hispital where the reexamine her hand and made a new cast.

In usual German fashion, the Dr prescribed 20 tablets of 100 mg Ibuprofen-

Ja... Nein

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hydrocodine?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Try it now?

Fingers bending in the wrong direction is usually worthy of a doctors visit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had another great day riding the dusty bump we call Blue Mountain.
Just as we were pulling out, I saw a praple Turner propped against a tree, so yelled at @canadmos "I see a Turner" to which I got the reply "and a Knolly" :busted: - Hopefully next time, we will get to have that beer.

So good sir, how did you enjoy your day of eating dust and riding on marbles? :D
The man speaks truth, this place so needs a good soaking over a couple of days, and a visit by the trail fairies.
We've been riding late August style deep dust (Clay over Shale ) and braking bump conditions since mid June.

My hands are beat, but I did get my drift on. :dance:

....oh and btw - the Michelin Wild Rock'R2 Advanced have side knobs that absolutely RULE :rockout:
Glad you had a good time! Next time we'll definitely have a beer and perhaps even a ride.

Yeah the dust and marbles is a little crazy right now. Showcase in particular was a mess. Didn't even bother to ride that trail yesterday. Same thing with Haole, marbles/dust and some big cracks in the ground. And my god, the brake bumps on Haole.......:wacko:

Big Sleeze is running pretty awesome.

But can't complain, good times!