Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Departing for a big group ride shortly. First ride for me since last Monday, wtf mate??

Went to one of the local bike shows yesterday with a buddy to look at bikes. He walked out with a Giant Anthem. I tried to get him to get a Trance, but he wasn't having it. This guy is joining us on the ride. It will be his first real trail ride, on a new trail.....in the rain. This should be interesting. :popcorn:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Mariko is cavorting in her long johns and pretending she's a kitty. I'm still in bed. About par for the course, this.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tired and slow this am.

Had friends over yesterday. A couple we know whose daughter is in daycare with my kid came over, they have a small bouncy house. Wore the kids out right proper.

They took off around the time I out my kid to bed. Shortly thereafter some of my normal adult friends (of the no kids variety) stopped over and we made the Rochester delicacy that is the garbage plate. New sauce recipe = win. My one buddy brought over a bottle of bourbon from a local distillery. Damn delicious. I foresee a visit there in my future. Had a bonfire as well, along with more beers. Clear skies and nearly full moon. Good times. Managed to pass out on the couch after everyone left. This is turning into a bad habit. Gotta fix that.

New head light for riding supposed to show up tomorrow.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No ride yet - my buddies bailed - therefore I'll ride in the late afternoon when the temperatures get a lot mellower.

Here's one picture from Friday ride, today should be quite similar.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No ride yet - my buddies bailed - therefore I'll ride in the late afternoon when the temperatures get a lot mellower.

Here's one picture from Friday ride, today should be quite similar.
You should post closeup pics of those rocks here....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Cold is definitely back; deep cough, congestion and no energy.
Go get your flu shots, y'all.

Making breakfast and having coffee. Hope to pedal later as it's beautiful day outside.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Departing for a big group ride shortly. First ride for me since last Monday, wtf mate??

Went to one of the local bike shows yesterday with a buddy to look at bikes. He walked out with a Giant Anthem. I tried to get him to get a Trance, but he wasn't having it. This guy is joining us on the ride. It will be his first real trail ride, on a new trail.....in the rain. This should be interesting. :popcorn:
Post ride pics or stfu...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Post ride pics or stfu...
I'd have pics, but guy bailed on his first trail ride. He said he woke up with "vertigo", but we all guessed that his wife said something. :brow:

None the less, the others dudes and myself had an AWESOME ride. It pissed rain, we got covered in crap and slid on just about every root in the forest. I got shafted into being the guide and took a pretty mellow route, interlaced with some steep and fast stuff. Front wheel almost washed out multiple times....A few were seriously close to inducing some poo moments.

@Toshi per the docs advice, my rear wheel survived today's adventure with the broken axle. I didn't hold back, either. :rofl:

This is the only picture I have. Bikes are cleaned and ready to go for MOAR.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Its sunny out, kind of windy. I did not do an early AM ride to test my headlamp set up because rain during the only 2 hours I had available. Now I must make a choice between packing for vacation or riding in the sun.

EDIT: Winds currently 32 MPH, will be down to 16 by 7PM. Will pack then night ride then be worthless at work tomorrow. Win, win, someone not me loses. :thumb:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Started pissing rain at around 10:30 this morning, and the forecast called for heavy showers the rest of the day.

My kids were going nuts all morning after a great nights sleep so I knew I had to gtfo of Dodge... Checked the radar at 2 a saw a break in the clouds, so I bolted out for what turned out to be a great solo ride. I rode the same route as on Thursday night, but it handles the wet so well, it was worth it. So nice. 10 minutes quicker and no OTB makes me a happy camper.

Now it's on to a Baltic porter, ham and mashed potatoes. Nice.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Busy day of doin' stuff, the highlight of which was a 40 mile road ride. 2400' of climbing all in the first 15 miles. :dead: The last 15 miles were straight south into a 20 mph headwind. Again, :dead: That was a tiring ride. I am pleased with the 17.0 mph avg speed. It is funny how riding more makes you a stronger rider. :monkey:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
'Morning! Busy day of doin' stuff, the highlight of which was a 40 mile road ride. 2400' of climbing all in the first 15 miles.
Every ride I do from home now finishes with 1800ft in 3ish miles if off road or 6ish on the road :D

Wife and I did 55 miles with 8000ft, I'm really tired and there's no beer in the house :(

Edit: it also shouldn't be this damn hot.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
today consisted of replacing 6 rotted out split rail fence posts. made worse by the rusted nails and gigantor fence staples whoever put it in used to attach the metal mesh. also copious pricker vines. and the corner one concreted in. also hung w/6 yo for a while and chilled. about to woodburn some hatchet handles for a friend who uses them for trophies in the annual "stanley creek massacre" road race. plus beer.

week ahead is stupid with work stuff. maybe ride next sunday? i can't see anything beforehand...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fixed broken garage door and cleaned out many decades of dirt, spider webs and rat shit so I can park the Volvo out of the rain.

Need to negotiate some money off the rent for this work, otherwise I will happily return things to their miserable state when I eventually move.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hacking up lungs all day.I made an attempt at pulling tumbleweeds at the trails but my energy levels were so low I bailed. Then I tried to go hiking with the family. Before we got ten minutes away from the house I had barfed down the side of my wife's car. Spent the rest of the day laying on my back trying not to cough. Needs to get over this by Wednesday so I can show SM around.

11695.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hacking up lungs all day.I made an attempt at pulling tumbleweeds at the trails but my energy levels were so low I bailed. Then I tried to go hiking with the family. Before we got ten minutes away from the house I had barfed down the side of my wife's car. Spent the rest of the day laying on my back trying not to cough. Needs to get over this by Wednesday so I can show SM around.

View attachment 123613

Fun Fact: Tumbleweed is an invasive species from Russia's Ural steppes.

The symbol of the west is a communist conspiracy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 123613
Fun Fact: Tumbleweed is an invasive species from Russia's Ural steppes.

The symbol of the west is a communist conspiracy.
Fall is tumbleweed migration season. Windy as it is today I expect we might see some.