Quantcast

Sunday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bored and I can't sleep. Probably gping to the pool with Haley today and maybe play in the snow. Her snow stuff is all packed away so that's a maybe.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
To Do reply --

Coffee: 5 different Beer after a 35 mile gravel ride leave a taste.

WC coverage @ 7:00am: 29" comb-over. (perhaps our missing link)

90 minute massage: I've really got to relax someway.

Big Dinner yet TBD.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like a grey rainy day here. Going to load up the bike and fart around the trails. I've been starting to map this one spot out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
for you colorado kids...listen to nick caves "15 feet of pure white snow" while you are shoveling....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
No shoveling for me. Magic snow, averse to sticking on concrete.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
survived museum's annual fancy fancy gala last night. spent most of the evening talking to a badass 90yo supporter who i adore.

this morning: drank coffee. watched dh race. leveled ground, installed raised bed, turned soil, topped off with compost dirt. eating pizza and drinking a coffee porter. gotta take 7yo to bday party later. parents head home tomorrow.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Allergies are killing me today. Woke up with a pair of swollen eyes. Two antihistamine tablets later left eye is good right one is still FUBAR'd. Legs feel great today with no stiffness from yesterday's 50 mile ride. Doing an EMT standby today at a horse show.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Full day of insane skiing
Big steak dinner
Slept in and still caught the (late) WC DH
Grilling some chicken later and dropping off a buddy at le aeropuerto

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Whole freehub separate? You must be getting jacked. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Mac n cheese festival was a huge bust. Probably 45 minute line to get in and only 3 vendors dishing up reportedly. Refund requested—we saw the line and went to the Stanley Beer Garden instead but I'm not paying for something that effectively never happened.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hope Pro2, aluminum axle sheared at the hub body. Not sure how/when but my shifting went to shit after a ride at BC. Seatpost is popped and going back for warranty. The bottom out on my Switch link on the frame is dented too. Rough day on the Yeti during rebuild.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Aluminum axle for you just doesn't seem prudent. Just sayin'.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hope Pro2, aluminum axle sheared at the hub body. Not sure how/when but my shifting went to shit after a ride at BC. Seatpost is popped and going back for warranty. The bottom out on my Switch link on the frame is dented too. Rough day on the Yeti during rebuild.
BC today? How was it, wife wanted to go...

Day two of digging out, shoulders will be sore tomorrow morning. Decided to just let the rest melt, we can at least get out one door of the house now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sure, it was hovering just above freezing today, it pissed rain and I rode through poo piles from a few different animals, but DAMNNNNNNNN what a fine day in the forest. Every root wanted to send me into the rhubarb.

This is a magical time in the forest. Everything is brown, except for the budding ferns and ground foliage. Literal black ribbons of trail through the green stuff.

What size axle? The axle in my Hope Pro 2 broke last year in the exact same spot. I only noticed after I pulled the wheel off; luckily the Banshee frame axle screws in and is captive on one side, so it keeps everything tight. I don't know exactly when it broke, but I did continue riding on it for a while after I found it (Toshi told me YOLO).

I sent contacted Hope about it and they sent me a steel axle for free, no questions. It is still in one piece....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Took a nap then rode the OG spot to test some of the new stuff and see if my bike still creaks. It still does and I'm getting stumped. Changed BB, bearings, lower shock pin DU bushing, cassette and chain. Hmmmm...

Found a twenty dollar bill on the street ten feet from where a homeless dude, who was glued to a bench, tried to panhandle me.

Nao Masuman Curry with chicken and hopefully Thai hot and not the version they give to pasty white boys.

Still very sad about my friends passing.

And, as always, FUCK YOU Cancer !

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Took a nap then rode the OG spot to test some of the new stuff and see if my bike still creaks. It still does and I'm getting stumped. Changed BB, bearings, lower shock pin DU bushing, cassette and chain. Hmmmm...
I have similar woes. I think it's actually the one piece lower link I installed over the winter which was supposed to reduce the likelihood of creaks. Should have stuck with the two piece I had that was quiet :/

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have similar woes. I think it's actually the one piece lower link I installed which was supposed to reduce the likelihood of creaks. Should have stuck with the two piece I had that was quiet :/
I have metalsmith hearing and this noise is is very noticeable. Can't stand noisy trail bikes. One of the non-drive side bearings is not in very tight, but the noise seems to only happen when pedaling on the drive side.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I rode with my Brother today. I am glad I get to ride with him. He is on board for Raystown or Jim Thorpe. I want to go to Rothrock and Merli Sanarsky.