Quantcast

Sunday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
BC today? How was it, wife wanted to go...
A few weeks ago.

What size axle? The axle in my Hope Pro 2 broke last year in the exact same spot. I only noticed after I pulled the wheel off; luckily the Banshee frame axle screws in and is captive on one side, so it keeps everything tight. I don't know exactly when it broke, but I did continue riding on it for a while after I found it (Toshi told me YOLO).

I sent contacted Hope about it and they sent me a steel axle for free, no questions. It is still in one piece....
12mm. The shop by my house is taking care of it for me. I'll need a bearing kit too as one is chewed pretty badly.

My plan to break down, service, and rebuild the bike was a stream of shit. First the axle, then one set of frame bearings, the Switch Link eccentric, etc. The Reverb has been pulled off for warranty and the rear triangle will be getting replaced finally.

At least it will be fully fresh when I get it rebuilt. I'm not doing the fork or shock, but everything else will be pulled, cleaned, and replaced if necessary.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A few weeks ago.

12mm. The shop by my house is taking care of it for me. I'll need a bearing kit too as one is chewed pretty badly.

My plan to break down, service, and rebuild the bike was a stream of shit. First the axle, then one set of frame bearings, the Switch Link eccentric, etc. The Reverb has been pulled off for warranty and the rear triangle will be getting replaced finally.

At least it will be fully fresh when I get it rebuilt. I'm not doing the fork or shock, but everything else will be pulled, cleaned, and replaced if necessary.
Its heavier, but I'd make sure they get a steel axle. The spot where it broke is a known failure point as it is super thin (this is one thing they changed on the EVO).

Familiar? :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
home from my EMT standby. no injuries occurred, I got paid to walk around and watch women ( wife included) ride horses all day. Ruth is happy, she won her class today. sixth win in a row, one more to qualify for national rankings to go

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bigly things happened this weekend. Previously my puppers violently greeted visitors with levels of joy and happiness that injured visitors with enthusiastic greetings. I seemed to have figured out a method of introducing visitors that maintains a calm and gentle animal. Certainly age has something to do with it.

Landlord dispute took another turn in my favor as I identified municipal code that placed 50% of my utility responsibility upon the landlord.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Small claims court in your future?
Probably not worth my time. Not to mention I think I could lose. I'm not a lawyer but as I had previously agreed to make payments before diving deep into the lease and law I may have entered a verbal contract. Either way at this point I am just trying to be a dick. These are terrible people and they deserve to be hazed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Probably not worth my time. Not to mention I think I could lose. I'm not a lawyer but as I had previously agreed to make payments before diving deep into the lease and law I may have entered a verbal contract. Either way at this point I am just trying to be a dick. These are terrible people and they deserve to be hazed.
hide poop in the walls before you move out?