Quantcast

Sunday gmt.....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
20mph wind gusts on Gold Bar Rim and Portal made things spicy yesterday. I think I set a new PR for my hiking time down Portal though.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Packing up to go riding. I think the sun slept in, its dark enough outside that you could probably make use of lights in the forest..

I am also 100% sick. Throat is all sorts of jacked up. Ughhhhhh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
weather for vacation has been utter shit......and i do not trust bbq in montana or wyoming....my asshole is not amused.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Either the sewer is backing up or the Air Force has last control of the worlds most powerful fart bomb over at Peterson. :dead:
getting lost in yellowstone yesterday....driving by all the hot springs....gentle reminder why i do not fuck with eggs...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode 100 mile gravel race if you can call everybody get a sandwich and coke at the halfway point a race. Took me just shy of 7 hours. I have a had a cold for the last two weeks and I felt it plus an even longer ride the weekend before. That said I ended up riding a big part of the race on my own so not much drafting. What I enjoyed besides the scenic route in the South of Denmark was seeing how I was technical better than most of the riders and better than navigating than most of the rider too. It was pretty comical how many times I would get past by riders who kept taking wrong turns. Really improved my endurance this year but I still would like a little more peak power - its more fun to ride fast when you get to the technical sections. Next year I think I will try to hit some long mtb races not just gravel to see how that feels and avoid the road sections.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
How much snow did you get in the park?
no snow in the park for me...left via the NE entrance around 9:00 pm....shit ton of sleet on the beartooth scenic byway on 212 all the way to billings....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Where's the weekend gone? Rode this evening, almost died when undercut knobs on Magic Mary folded in a corner, almost got hit head on by two assholes on mountain bikes - one almost lost control of his bike after an ill-landed show-off jump, the second one just almost ran into me for no apparent reason while I was waiting for them to pass. Fucking douchebags. :disgust1:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Crashed hard at Vail... on the fire road getting to PMT. We were looking for the entrance. I found it, pointed at it, then went through a ditch one handed and ate shit at about 20 mph. Knocked the wind out of me and got some good dirt rash on both forearms and my belly (through my shirt!).

Didn’t crash on Lee’s, PMT, etc. but rather just getting there.

Gah. Lesson learned to not be an idiot.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Crashed hard at Vail... on the fire road getting to PMT. We were looking for the entrance. I found it, pointed at it, then went through a ditch one handed and ate shit at about 20 mph. Knocked the wind out of me and got some good dirt rash on both forearms and my belly (through my shirt!).

:picsstfu:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nothing as gnarly as canadmos’s putrid mess but it did bleed quite a bit. Glistening is from Neosporin. Other arm is similar.

https://imgur.com/a/8vS1R2a

Can’t figure out how to embed from phone. Too big to upload here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We have excellent BBQ in JH, there are 4 places, competition dictates quality. I think Moe's is most consistent, though.
i had planned on staying in J Hole saturday and sunday....buuuuuuut....that went to shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

This is why you don't e-bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Derp derp derp.

What a day. Spent yesterday chasing down a seal press for my fox 40. My local shop came through, and did the job quick, so they earned themselves a 6er of Melvin's IPA.

Went out for Indian last night. Service there isn't what it used to be, but the food was as good as ever.

Got up, got my act together, and went.... DOWNHILLING. FUVK YEA. Weather was A+. Upper 60's, sunny, slight breeze. Mountain had Octoberfest going on, so drunk milfs were taking sky rides. Did 13 runs, ran until last lift up. I am shot. Gonna sleep like a rock tonight. Celebrating with evil twin Molotov Heavy. Mmmm IIPA @17%

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Was all loaded up to head to Pisgah this morning, but couldn't sleep. Weather was cloudy and not looking so good anyway. So ate pancakes and rode Thuper Awethum for a couple hours.

Supposed to be sunny in Brevard tomorrow. Hmmm...