Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
10th day in a row w/o Coffee. Perhaps yesterday's Albanian Tort & Morality Clause example is an indicator I'm beating this addiction.
Don't remember even logging on yesterday... Am I typing? Am I typing??

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Flying SEA-DEN today then seeing Cats

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Passing through the rest of Utah this morning heading home.

Was interesting through beaver last night, good long stretch of surprise ice on the highway.

Breakfast than passing salt lake in about an hour

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Woke up to glorious 31F. Friend brought over his bike early, we straightened his RD hanger, then we rode on fantastic frozen solid trails with only a few hikers and a group of lycra fat bois around. Frozen ground was fast, ice was of the popcorn grippy variety, we had fun. Le shitstorm with ice, sleet, heavy snow and rain is coming so this was likely the last ride of '19.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just did one run and I can't feel my hands. This might be a really short day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, my little peanuts. I ran 12.64 miles this morning. 25 degrees felt downright pleasant. A day and a half of heavy rain is barreling down on us starting later today. Any remaining snow will get washed away. If it was cold outside, this would be 18-24" of snow.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Gravel ride and then soccer with the kids. I am tired and has opened secret santa milk stout. Dry around here finally and it will be really mild so hopefully more riding the next couple of days.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
tenor.gif

Seeing if GIFs animate. And because Baby Yoda magic hand

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Observations at SEA:

- there are separate check-in counters for Microsoft and Amazon employees at Delta Sky Priority
- teh sweet baby jeebus will attest that there are a shit-ton of Chinese people in this airport, NTTAWWT
- regular security line was fairly gruesome, perhaps 200 people deep? TSA Pre✓ line was maybe 50 deep. The Premium line didn't even seem like a line: I was second in line once I strolled all the way the way up to the TSA dude
- free airport WiFi actually appears to be functional, which I have rarely if ever experienced before

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw a yellow 02-04 yellow S4 wagon 6 speed....unmolested this morning....owner said it had just under 60,000 miles.....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Please elaborate.
My experience on my frame (rfx) aaaaand I'm slow as fuck, so grain of salt and all of that...

Traction is better than I'd ever felt with any other shock. The biggest eye opener when I first got it was climbing. My bike hooks up on everything out here and we do have some chunky climbs that aren't easy.

Descending is amazing especially if used to any air shock, and better than other coils I've ridden. Again, traction is great. At 200# riding weight the ride is super compliant yet never seems to bottom, though I know im bottoming.

Parking lot tests would have you believe it's dead and over damped, but it's not. The shock never seems to be overwhelmed by anything. Slow climbing, fast descending, nothing. It does not pop like an air shock but I can jump/pop just fine.

I recently started looking at new frames and being able to run this shock plays into the decision.

Cons. It's heavy. That's it.

I could add its expensive but at this sale price it isn't. I have one valve set for trail riding and the other for park, and set rebound pretty fast and based on conditions.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
that'd be me with my usual 500 miles, 75000 feet vert, no road or trainer miles, and a lotta hatred
That's a lot of vertical for 500 miles. I am a little over 1.1k m / 130k ft vertical this year, all on dirt, ice or short pavement trips to those.
i saw a yellow 02-04 yellow S4 wagon 6 speed....unmolested this morning....owner said it had just under 60,000 miles.....
Neat. What color was it?

Descending is amazing especially if used to any air shock, and better than other coils I've ridden. Again, traction is great. At 200# riding weight the ride is super compliant yet never seems to bottom, though I know im bottoming.
But how does it jump?