Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
WTF am I doing awake before 6am?? :confused: :disgust:
Welcome to my life.

Had to share a bed with Hannah after the crack incident put us into a room with one king. I slept on 2' at the edge of the bed with Hannah crowded, leaving the rest of this gloriously large bed untouched.

Yesterday was a big bike related day. Hannah got a new helmet, which took 3 shops to find, since she has a giant head. And of course, Haley's bike:

Need to find a dropper for her and Wifey (which I should have done last year), them start looking through the parts bin to scale back Haley's current bike to give to neighbor. She doesn't really need a bike as nice as Haley's and I would rather only risk a few hundred vs. >$1k if it gets stolen.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Welcome to my life.

Had to share a bed with Hannah after the crack incident put us into a room with one king. I slept on 2' at the edge of the bed with Hannah crowded, leaving the rest of this gloriously large bed untouched.

Yesterday was a big bike related day. Hannah got a new helmet, which took 3 shops to find, since she has a giant head. And of course, Haley's bike:

Need to find a dropper for her and Wifey (which I should have done last year), them start looking through the parts bin to scale back Haley's current bike to give to neighbor. She doesn't really need a bike as nice as Haley's and I would rather only risk a few hundred vs. >$1k if it gets stolen.
What size droopers you need?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Besides, that trek is an aluminum frame. Drilling a hole in it is about zero risk. My Scott spark is carbon and I drilled that for internal dropper routing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
How was it?
Honestly it was awesome. No wrecks, I think I can DFL or second to last, depending on whether they called the race for us lappers before the last lap or not.
My fitness was just about there, but I’m a friggin retarded racer. I kept trying to catch up to the lead group and the rest of the b group just drafted me then left me in the dust. Oops

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a 31.6 Joplin 4 that you can have. The only thing is, I don’t remember if it’s the 31.6 or the 30.9 one that’s possibly broken at the moment. I have one of each size. I think the 31.6 is the good one. I’ll look.
if its not broken now, it will be eventually.

i still have the joplin 4 stoney sold me years ago when i wanted to try out dropper posts.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had to do a minor repair on my Kayak. When we were in Grand Teton way out on the river the rudder steering got sloppy. I looked down and the damn control arm was cracked. It held for the trip and the new control arm arrived yesterday and got installed

DSCF4474 (2).JPG
IMG_20210612_213801227~2.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
where to...for me...vegas to yosemite for 4-5 days...then...????...for 6 days....then home....
East side of the Sierras is amazing Go down to Whitney Portal but instead of going up towards Whitney hit Cottonwoods Basin Its Yosemite at 11000 feet so awesome.. Lower rock creek south of Mammoth. Mono Lake. The hot springs off BentonCrossing Rd at the south end of Mammoth Airport.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hot lazy day today here. Weather person says its not very humid, but I think they are lying.

Little shopping and then a ride later.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Honestly it was awesome. No wrecks, I think I can DFL or second to last, depending on whether they called the race for us lappers before the last lap or not.
My fitness was just about there, but I’m a friggin retarded racer. I kept trying to catch up to the lead group and the rest of the b group just drafted me then left me in the dust. Oops
An intact hide is it's own victory. From what I gather there are is a skillset of dirty tricks required for successful road racing which largely entails figuring out how to be a parasite on others while preventing others from feeding off of you.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
An intact hide is it's own victory. From what I gather there are is a skillset of dirty tricks required for successful road racing which largely entails figuring out how to be a parasite on others while preventing others from feeding off of you.
And not being the asshole that causes a massive pile up crash

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yep, when they said "a breakaway takes about 30% more effort than just hanging out on somebody's wheel" they aren't lying. I decided to hang out at the back since it was my first race and honestly I've never ridden in a group before. I wanted to make sure I didn't ruin anybody else's day. The A group took off and we never saw them again. The B group kind of just hung out in a line, and they went SLOW through the corners...so, I figured I'd go brakeless through the corner and use that momentum to try and get a group to catch up to the leaders, but everybody just fell in behind me and I wasn't smart enough to just let off the gas and let them go ahead and take a turn at the back. A few laps of this and I was gassed, then the line just passed me and I didn't have enough in the tank to catch up to the last guy, and that was it.
Still, it was really fun and I achieved my goal of not getting dropped/rolled out of the race and not wrecking either.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yep, when they said "a breakaway takes about 30% more effort than just hanging out on somebody's wheel" they aren't lying. I decided to hang out at the back since it was my first race and honestly I've never ridden in a group before. I wanted to make sure I didn't ruin anybody else's day. The A group took off and we never saw them again. The B group kind of just hung out in a line, and they went SLOW through the corners...so, I figured I'd go brakeless through the corner and use that momentum to try and get a group to catch up to the leaders, but everybody just fell in behind me and I wasn't smart enough to just let off the gas and let them go ahead and take a turn at the back. A few laps of this and I was gassed, then the line just passed me and I didn't have enough in the tank to catch up to the last guy, and that was it.
Still, it was really fun and I achieved my goal of not getting dropped/rolled out of the race and not wrecking either.

Probably a good experience then. I never raced but rode a lot with a group of dudes/ladies who did, they taught me a lot about riding in a pack, It all required having your wheel inches from others. I never had the cohones wisdom to do it with people I didn't trust.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Probably a good experience then. I never raced but rode a lot with a group of dudes/ladies who did, they taught me a lot about riding in a pack, It all required having your wheel inches from others. I never had the cohones wisdom to do it with people I didn't trust.
Pack riding is koo koo crazy. I tried a group road ride once and made a maneuver to avoid a crack in the road and took out my friends front wheel. Boom he went and I never did a group road ride again. Riding bikes is supposed to be fun.