Quantcast

~~ Sunday GMT ~~

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Did two short rides yesterday w my offspring. Little guy is charging. He's doing great, but we may have to do something about his defeatist attitude and getting angry anytime things don't go his way. We rode a trail that was a notch above anything he'd done previously, it was fun! He's even aiming for rocks and side hits to try and jump off of!

The other ride was w my older boy, and it was his first since getting his cast off (broken scaphoid) a couple of weeks ago. His wrist was sore, so we stuck to a shorter loop on smoother trails. He didn't complain of soreness afterwards. I think he enjoyed himself, so hopefully we're headed for a good season of riding.

Ribs, sausages and sauerkraut for dinner, followed by a good night's sleep for everyone in the house... Hope to ride again today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Spent a lot of yesterday studying and will spend most of today. Didn't realize that my study pace finish date was off, so I'm behind schedule by a week. I will not be doing much in the way of fun stuff for the next 2 months, as my free time will go entirely to study. Ugh.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
squirrels are going nuts making crazy noises this morning. can't tell if they're fighting with each other or a raccoon or possum? coffee is good. not much on tap.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do you guys have AC? Ours was struggling to keep up until about 10 pm. 84 Freedoms at 9, iirc.

/me is going on a solo ride in a bit. Had lovely morning snuggles with middle kid until about 5 minutes ago.
Seriously? Ours wasn't trying hard to keep it at 75-77 most of the day and 73 at night. Guess all that new insulation we put in last summer is working?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Do you guys have AC? Ours was struggling to keep up until about 10 pm. 84 Freedoms at 9, iirc.

/me is going on a solo ride in a bit. Had lovely morning snuggles with middle kid until about 5 minutes ago.
Nope, hardly any houses up here do.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Trying to adjust to the fact that after being essentially captive for about three years, I have almost a month of travel looming. :wave:
How’s that feel? I’m in the same captive boat except I haven’t planned my travel. I stressed out just thinking about going to a convention center, so I’m not sure how I’m gonna manage an airport, but it’s tough to go certain places without flying.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Here. Housework and taught trumpet lessons this morning. Heading to see my kids in their gymnastics showcase tonight (small one choreographed her own routine and tall one choreographed her level 2-3 kids routine--she's their coach--and a routine with her level 8 friends) so that should be fun. Lots of leftovers from over-cooking this week (I'm finally home to cook and made too much food...surprise) so I won't need to worry about dinner tonight or tomorrow YEAH! 9 days of school left....I can do this!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Soap dish fixed. Rained so not gonna work on the under deck landscaping, but will probably do a home Depot run for the next round of materials. Probably head out for a road ride after that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Seriously? Ours wasn't trying hard to keep it at 75-77 most of the day and 73 at night. Guess all that new insulation we put in last summer is working?
i realize now that was ambiguous as written. It was 84F outside at 9. Inside it was about 73 against a 72 set point on the main floor but still hot feeling for a bit.
Nope, hardly any houses up here do.
:dislike: got to pop in a mini split like I did at the mountain house! Shit’s not getting cooler.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rode on bike paths from my house instead of schlepping out to the foothills.

5D867502-165D-445B-8FAC-226735A29F24.jpeg
9C92545B-0C5C-4644-99A4-058D4FB4F3F0.jpeg

Last edited:
How’s that feel? I’m in the same captive boat except I haven’t planned my travel. I stressed out just thinking about going to a convention center, so I’m not sure how I’m gonna manage an airport, but it’s tough to go certain places without flying.
It feels like it does when one breaks habitual patterns of behavior. Worried about the cat, would prefer to have a companion for the Hammondsport run, hope I remember to bring the right gear and food...

Flying I decided was done a year or two prior to the pandemic. Fuck TSA and fuck the airlines.