Quantcast

~~ Sunday GMT ~~

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
put new battery in the civic that will be going to the 16yo in a few weeks. my fault; hadn't started it in 9+ months. gonna have him swap the transmission fluid with me tonight...

something went wrong with the house we were supposed to rent on sebago at the end of the month...checking out options for a new spot...le ugh

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In an attempted brain break from studying, I decided to pull up the parents of some of the karting kids on Linkedin. Given there's a chance Haley might be going to karting with them & said kid(s), good to learn more about these folks, right?

One of the things that is an ugh part of the population is that it's very (R). I just kinda ignore, don't engage and let Haley do her thing. Of the parents I have pulled up (four) - 1 was disbarred for "inappropriate usage of client funds", but readmitted to practice (20yrs ago); 1 ejected from the financial industry for fraud (no challenge; took ejection). The other two are normal folk. Not a great ratio so far...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Worked today, not the greatest, but one step closer to finishing a large project at work. Ripped out all of the network equipment in a building and replaced it. Now that building is in the modern ages of 10 gigabit links and whatnot.

I've been planning and coordinating it for months. Tons of prep work. Of course, when we went to use some of the new fiber that was run by a contractor, it didn't work. Puzzling. Eventually I just said screw it, let's flip the fibers and try it. Yep, they had terminated one side of it backwards. That was worrisome over nothing...Will be calling them tomorrow.

Time for some edibles and perhaps delicious Indian food??

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In an attempted brain break from studying, I decided to pull up the parents of some of the karting kids on Linkedin. Given there's a chance Haley might be going to karting with them & said kid(s), good to learn more about these folks, right?

One of the things that is an ugh part of the population is that it's very (R). I just kinda ignore, don't engage and let Haley do her thing. Of the parents I have pulled up (four) - 1 was disbarred for "inappropriate usage of client funds", but readmitted to practice (20yrs ago); 1 ejected from the financial industry for fraud (no challenge; took ejection). The other two are normal folk. Not a great ratio so far...
218877903-NascarPoster.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

You could parlay that into a teachable moment for Haley.

If you are going to commit a crime, make sure its a white collar crime, cause you'll serve no time and can re-enter the same industry after a very brief period of shame.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You could parlay that into a teachable moment for Haley.

If you are going to commit a crime, make sure its a white collar crime, cause you'll serve no time and can re-enter the same industry after a very brief period of shame.
Finance dude is sales at a construction company now. FINRA/SEC boot you HARD when you take client money.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Fellowship of the Rings extended cut was finished. Indian food was consumed. Shall do bedtime for my darling middle child soon then maybe finish watching the Ms. Marvel episode we started yesterday.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Worked out hard for an hour and a half due to weather. Which of course means I slugged down a Monster, wore a wife beater, got a temporary tattoo, and Rolled Coal on some pussy Lycra weenies on my way there. And then chucked the Monster can at them.

RAAAAWWWR