Quantcast

&&) Sunday, goddamit GMT (&&

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hot yesterday. Hot today. Big storm rolled through last night, so the humidity is 100%. Hopefully that burns off. No biking on the agenda today. Possibly tomorrow.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Aw crap up at 4:45 feeding the dogs and hitting the highway in a few minutes. I have a two ring horse show to work that is ten miles down the road and they are starting the damn thing at 7:30 so I need to be set up and in uniform by 6:30.

breakfast and coffee in the camper this morning

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Taking kids and daughters best friend to Renn Faire. Hoping the traffic doesnt suck the big turkey leg...

Have a love/hate relationship with these type of things. First "official" date with the Frau was to one in Wisconsin. Used to got to bona-fide medieval castles in Europe for their fests (Which were a ton of fun...) but ones here just seem kind of trite, weird, money vacuuming dork fests. But the grommets still enjoy them, and jousting is still fvcking cool.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Kids up early with the time zone swap. I'm exhausted as Yuna half awoke overnight plus the wife didn't plug the baby monitor in all the way, resulting in it beeping incessantly due to a low battery st 3 am.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Well that was fun. Horse got its leg stuck over the center divider in a trailer. I managed to release the butt chain that had it trapped. Then it lunged left and trapped it's owner in a corner. We finally backed it off the divider. The horse escaped with only minor cuts and abrasions and the owner was in injured. Trailer is trashed

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The temperature is fairly moderate today, the sun is out (between the rain clouds....fack) and my hydration pack is packed with food, 2 beers and 1.5 liters of water. Time to go ride some trail until my legs give out.

Tonight I plan on doing nothing besides watching the DH replay. I've somehow avoided all spoilers.

I guess yesterday while dropping off a buddy after the ride, he left his phone and wallet on my cars roof. He found the wallet on the freeway with everything still in it and then the phone later around the block (smashed). I feel bad for that one...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My legs have decided that I will ride the road today, I going to shoot for 25 gentle miles at moderate speeds. I have a Trek commuter bike that I bought in 2007 and have not ridden more than a handful of times since. It's gunt friendly and just needs a little air in the tires.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well that was fun. Horse got its leg stuck over the center divider in a trailer. I managed to release the butt chain that had it trapped. Then it lunged left and trapped it's owner in a corner. We finally backed it off the divider. The horse escaped with only minor cuts and abrasions and the owner was in injured. Trailer is trashed

This is why we ride bikes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Another hot ride today. Not as fast as yesterday. Forgot to wear my tall socks, as this is the trail that cuts through a fucking farm of stinging nettles. Currently home easing my pain with nimble giant. Somehow entire family is still napping.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Celebrated my weight loss goal by riding and buying a new grill. Helped my buddy put up one of those huge big party tents. Taught adults to tie knots. Still can't ride a wheelie.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
An uneventful 25 miles around town is in the bag. The commuter bike is a base model with deore and below for specs, the brakes are also nowhere near today's standards. I will set it to the back of the pack and try it again in a few years...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dork logger says I did 700m of climbing, which is a lot for Onterrible. I'm tired.

Sketch moment going through this rock laden corner and finding a tree laying across the last few rocks. Same dickass tree was laying across the trail down lower after a switchback.

Great ride though. Only got rained on during the last 4 minutes.

Oh yeah...herofuckingdirt.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dork logger says I did 700m of climbing, which is a lot for Onterrible. I'm tired.

Sketch moment going through this rock laden corner and finding a tree laying across the last few rocks. Same dickass tree was laying across the trail down lower after a switchback.

Great ride though. Only got rained on during the last 4 minutes.

Oh yeah...herofuckingdirt.
Looking at your bike, we have sorta similar builds.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Taking kids and daughters best friend to Renn Faire. Hoping the traffic doesnt suck the big turkey leg...

Have a love/hate relationship with these type of things. First "official" date with the Frau was to one in Wisconsin. Used to got to bona-fide medieval castles in Europe for their fests (Which were a ton of fun...) but ones here just seem kind of trite, weird, money vacuuming dork fests. But the grommets still enjoy them, and jousting is still fvcking cool.
When I lived in Asheville some of those guys would practice in a local park that I rode by. As dorky as they looked all geared up and fighting with their homade weapons, they beat the holy fuck out of each other.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Good lord some people are stupid. The owners of a 2016 F350 Diesel came up to the horse show office to ask if anyone knew what to do about a water in the fuel light. It would seem that the driver put over a gallon of DEF into the diesel tank. Read The Fucking Manual. DEF is Urea (ammonia and water) it is corrosive to the fuel system and goes into its own separate tank. It is going to be one expensive fuel system rebuild as they started it and drove off vs calling a Tow

What will happen if I put DEF into a diesel tank?

An initial consequence of putting DEF into the diesel tank of a truck is the diesel fuel is contaminated because DEF is composed of urea and water. If the engine started and introduces the diesel and DEF mixture into the engine longer term consequences will occur.

If the DEF is introduced into a diesel storage tank the DEF it will not only contaminate the diesel it will also, if not removed, cause damage to the fuel system. DEF is corrosive and harmful to several metals including carbon steel, brass, aluminum, copper magnesium nickel and zinc.

The following steps are recommended if DEF accidentally pumped into a truck’s diesel tank. If DEF in accidentally added to a diesel storage tank follow steps #2, 4, and 5.
  1. Do not start the engine and contact your engine service provider
  2. Drain the diesel tank and dispose the fuel following your local regulations
  3. Drain the diesel fuel conditioning module
  4. Flush the fuel system
  5. Replace all filters
It's not like its hard to figure out what goes where