Quantcast

>>>>> Sunday GTM bike riding day >>>>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did some mild mtb'ing today on the local trail just to get out and get some fresh air.

@jonKranked I got the new gravel bike up and running and I can report that the setup with XT Di2 RD and Ultegra shifters works really well. No FD so setup so all button on each shifter only shifts in one direction. 40c tires and 46cm wide bar help with the trail worthiness.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going out on FIL’s sailboat this morning. Hopefully no puking. Big family dinner tonight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this morning with a buddy. Not too hot but still very humid. Encountered a case of brutal trail pussification that gives me the sads.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went out at 10pm last night for a ride in the dark. Was out until 12:30. 16.5 mile and 2k vert. Saw a bull snake, 3 blackwidows, and a poop ton of mice. The singlespeed makes my whole body ache so good.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Ride completed. Noticed a technical section of trail where asshats have been eroding a puss line around the rox. Decided to move some logs and brush to stop ride around and wouldn’t you know it, one of the fucking logs I moved had a yellow jacket nest under it. I made those bastards angry and proceeded to get my ass lit up. What kind of trail karma is that? Anyway time for A little yard work maybe a beer then watching some DVR’d Le Tour. Oh and maybe a Benadryl.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Loaded up the bike and drove to the Bike park. Made it to the top of a short climb. Rested off the trail. I woke up an hour later. I didn't feel very well. On the ride out I was pretty sloppy. Not sure what was going on. I feel fine now. Good days and bad days are still unequal and favor the good....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
On plane. Waiting to pull out of the gate. Fighting for elbow room on the armrest with my 5 year old son. He has no respect for his elders!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
On plane. Waiting to pull out of the gate. Fighting for elbow room on the armrest with my 5 year old son. He has no respect for his elders!
Middle armrests belong to whichever sucker has the middle seat if it's a 3.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ghost shifting on newly built up xc bike (quick link actually popped off during a test ride in the yard during a climb)... Had swapped cassettes between xc bike and trail bike because the cogs were digging into the freehub body on the trail bike. No issues from the swap on the trail bike, but ghost shifting on the newly built up xc bike, Both were worn, so I'm inclined to believe the issue isn't the cassettes/chains. Derailleur on the xc bike I haven't used before, but upon inspection it looks slightly bent; derailleur hanger looks ok. I've got another derailleur I can swap out so that's where I think I'm gonna start.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ghost shifting on newly built up xc bike (quick link actually popped off during a test ride in the yard during a climb)... Had swapped cassettes between xc bike and trail bike because the cogs were digging into the freehub body on the trail bike. No issues from the swap on the trail bike, but ghost shifting on the newly built up xc bike, Both were worn, so I'm inclined to believe the issue isn't the cassettes/chains. Derailleur on the xc bike I haven't used before, but upon inspection it looks slightly bent; derailleur hanger looks ok. I've got another derailleur I can swap out so that's where I think I'm gonna start.
Or the rear end is too flexy?

I suggest an exorcist.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Excellent ride today: 37 miles with an average speed of 16mph and 2200' of climbing. It was 61* when i started and 88 when I finished. I had a nice salt crust over my body when i finished.

on edit. I had a false start after I sliced open my rear tire one mile into the ride. quick tube change and some duct tape got me home where I tosses on a new tire and headed back out.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found an air compressor to inflate the rear tubeless tire this after noon. Twas a no go as it seems like actual tire is warped or stretched?? The rim is straight but the tire is wonky and drunk.

Ripped two pairs of shorts this weekend.

Fun times.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Found an air compressor to inflate the rear tubeless tire this after noon. Twas a no go as it seems like actual tire is warped or stretched?? The rim is straight but the tire is wonky and drunk.

Fun times.
If the tire is wonky it's probably not seated correctly. I always air mine up to like 50psi to force it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If the tire is wonky it's probably not seated correctly. I always air mine up to like 50psi to force it.
Its definitely something wrong with the tire.

I pumped it up pretty hard and enough to "snap" it onto the rim.

Then took it back off and put a tube in it. Same thing.

Its totally lopsided.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Storms here so I'm enjoying the 4 sample bottles I got of 15 year old high quality Scottish single malts while I watch "the expanse". I may be poor in cash but at least my liver is living the high life.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dragon boat races with Wifey's work today. Three races in the competition, I was in two as I showed up late with the kiddos. For some reason she wasn't thinking that having me in a boat made sense. That confused pretty much everyone who each of us told.

I was added to the second and third races and dropped the times by 5 sec in a 1:30 race and the team went from last to third overall. I put one person in charge of the cadence and showed people how to properly paddle (torso/back vs arms/back). We lost people throughout the day and ended down a person for our last race, but still won by a foot after 250 meters.

Not bad for a team that never even practiced together. Overall a fun day.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Loaded up the bike and drove to the Bike park. Made it to the top of a short climb. Rested off the trail. I woke up an hour later. I didn't feel very well. On the ride out I was pretty sloppy. Not sure what was going on. I feel fine now. Good days and bad days are still unequal and favor the good....
Dang it man, sending some good vibes your way.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dragon boat races with Wifey's work today. Three races in the competition, I was in two as I showed up late with the kiddos. For some reason she wasn't thinking that having me in a boat made sense. That confused pretty much everyone who each of us told.

I was added to the second and third races and dropped the times by 5 sec in a 1:30 race and the team went from last to third overall. I put one person in charge of the cadence and showed people how to properly paddle (torso/back vs arms/back). We lost people throughout the day and ended down a person for our last race, but still won by a foot after 250 meters.

Not bad for a team that never even practiced together. Overall a fun day.
So you appointed someone a cock, er, coxswain? :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ummmmm......pretty sire i slept all day.....mostly.....think i did 1&2 at some point...little to no sleep since thursday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Fun times.
i’ve warped tired burping them before. try tubing it nao? or bin it.